Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Almond/Cox relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2007 11:57

I'm searching for the offspring of Minnie Almond, age 11 at 1901 census & living in Oldbury. Born in Worcester Dudley.
Daughter of George (Iron worker bundler born in Stafford W Hampton, age 43 at 1901 census) and Ann Almond (maiden name unknown, also 43 in 1901, born Worcester, Dudley). Minnie had a younger sister Julia, age 6 in 1901. To my knowledge Julia remained single but Minnie married and had 3 or 4 daughters, one of whom married a Mr Cox, first name unknown. If anyone has information on Minnie Almond, whom she married, or her offspring, I would very much appreciate hearing from you. Needle in a haystack I know. Thanks, Linda

Linda

Linda Report 3 Dec 2007 08:37

John, thanks for the info on the Almond/Walkers. I'm not sure I understand it all tho and I hope you can clarify for me. The 1st part is no problem - Ann Walker & George Almond married Mar/1889. It's the next bit I'm not clear on.

Did Minnie Walker Almond marry John T. Almond Walker in Mar 1913? If so, nothing like keeping it in the family???

And then 2 of their children: Annie M. Almond Walker June 1913 and Minnie Almond Walker Mar/1920. Am I reading this correctly? I do believe these are 2 of their daughters' names mentioned in some old pictures that I don't have access to but there's also one or two more daughters. Perhaps they were born elsewhere.

So appreciate the help. Regards.
Linda