Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

christopher austin & alice yeomans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 15 Nov 2007 18:46

I'm trying to find the date of marriage of Christopher James Austin and Alice Yeomans, Christopher was b c1891 and lived in Burton upon trent, can anyone help I just get the right people in the wrong place or the wrong people with the right spouse.

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 15 Nov 2007 19:03

If this isn't right then they didn't get married till after 1920. Any idea of any children your couple had?

AUSTIN Christopher J Yeomans Ellesmere.6a 1631 2 1912
YEOMANS Alice A Austin Ellesmere.6a 1631 2 1912

Angela

Angela Report 15 Nov 2007 19:11

Yes I found these, they had 3 children b1916-1920, couldn't understand why they would get married in Ellesmere, or if I remember did this Alice originate from Ellesmere,(sorry thinking out loud, my eyes are hurting now through drudging through records), thanks for your help,

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 15 Nov 2007 19:17

These are the children of above couple I would think, so not same dates as yours?

AUSTIN Cyril E Yeomans Wem.6a 915 1 1919

AUSTIN Doris M Yeomans Ellesmere.6a 1173 1 1915

AUSTIN Reginald J Yeomans Wem.6a 1164 4 1912

Angela

Angela Report 15 Nov 2007 19:25

thats them, we were only guessing at birthdates as most of family are dead or brain dead, but these are their kids, the family were adamant they did not get married in Ellesmere, thanks for proving them wrong,
again thanks a lot

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 15 Nov 2007 19:27

You're welcome!

Angela

Angela Report 15 Nov 2007 21:29

Thanks Lindsay for your help I've just been in contact with a tree sharer for the family you found and now know all of Alices descendents,
Thanks

Angie