Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find calderbank

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 16 Oct 2005 16:25

any family related to thomas calderbank born mexborough in1905 or margaret calderbank nee ware especially those of you around oxford and leicester as margaret had a brother named fred from oxford who in turn had a family of around 11 children. Margaret was born in Daventry. thomas and margaret had 2 daughters,edith and margaret and 2 sons william and alfred. only the sons are surviving. i know of beryl who lived in leicester who had a daughter christina. any info would be appreciated.

Jill

Jill Report 17 Nov 2007 12:24

Karen, I have just joined Genes Reunited, and I am descended from Nellie Calderbank of Mexborough. Nellie was born in 1887, and married Walter Charlesworth. They had 5 children born from 1913 - 1922. Nellie was the youngest child in her family, and had several brothers - Alfred (b. c1875) James (b. c1877) Thomas (b. c1878) & Richard (b. c1882). I don't know if you know who Thomas' father was, but possibly it might be one of Nellie's brothers. As they were all older than her, I imagine their children would have been born around the turn of the century.
Probably you have now got to the bottom of your search, but I thought I would pass on this information just in case it was any use to you.

Jill Ironside