Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dalton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michal

Michal Report 20 May 2007 05:49

My great grandfather John Dalton was born in Kilkenny Ireland about 1825 , we are having difficulty confirming his birth date , place and family members. Records we hold indicate his mother was Mary Coney and he had a brother Patrick and sisters ?Sally and Mary (this was in 1846) . I would appreciate contact with anyone who has family from Ireland that match these names . Michal

Joan

Joan Report 2 Oct 2007 11:50

Hi Michael
I am trying to trace members of my Gt grandfather Richard Dalton born Kilkenny 1846 Married Ann Macarty born 1850 Monahan or any family members, can your relatives be connected
Joan Dalton

Michal

Michal Report 22 Oct 2007 08:53

In 1846 Mary, John's mother was a widow so if there is a link it could possibly be cousin . Have you a Parish or townland in Kilkenny associated with your family?

Michal

Michal Report 16 Nov 2007 08:59

John Dalton was transported to Tasmania for stealing butter from a David Moore - I have done a search based on his mother's name Mary and David Moore and have come up with Parish of Mukalee , Mary from the Townland of Newtown and David Moore Clogharinka . I haven't searched further . Does this match with yours at all?