Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Co.Kerry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 20 Sep 2007 21:53

Mary Fleming from Co.Kerry married to James Doyle
Their daughter Ellen Doyle born 1864 in Killorglin Co.Kerry is my Grandmother.

My Grandmother had two sisters ..Bridget & Mary
& two Brother Patrick & Jason

Kevin

Kevin Report 23 Sep 2007 12:35

Hello, Michael,
Saw your entry and put off replying as being far too remote a possibility, but nothing gained... so here goes anyway: My dad, Michael John Doyle was an enigma and probably obscured his origins. But when it was asked he gave his dob. as 21.09.1908. and the place as Manorhamilton, co. Leitrim and his dad as John . No records to back it up and no family either. However I tracked down a record of a Michael Doyle of the right age in the Xstian Bros. Industrial School on the outskirts of Tralee. Poor little soul. Which argues at least that this one might have been a Kerry Doyle?
He came over to England in the 1920s eventually settling in Hampshire where he married. He died in 1984. There it is. I wish you success in your search.
Kevin.

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Nov 2007 15:40

Hello Michael - I have found relatives from Killarney - Thomas Fleming born in 1835, Peter Fleming married Hannah Connor who are my ggg grandparents they were married in 1831 in Killarney. Throughout the family there are John's, Michael's, Bridget's, Mary's, Patrick's - Thomas moved to Liverpool at one stage and I know we have relatives in Australia -