Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for fredrick henry higgins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Josephine

Josephine Report 14 Nov 2007 23:41

i am searching for my grandfather fredrick henry higgins, he was born 12/12/1906, he married my nan oonah monica harwood she was born 11/08/1914. they married at st bernards catholic church linbroke ave shirehampton bristol on the 31/07/34. would be very happy if anyone could help as i am doing this for my mother she was known as gillianmary higgins, born in bristol hospital on 23/3/1939, also for me and my grandchildren

josie

jansmith

jansmith Report 15 Nov 2007 00:14

Possible birth index if you want to get the birth cert to give parents names.1907 is when they went to register it and not the birth date
Name: Frederick Henry Higgins
Year of Registration: 1907
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Birkenhead (1861-1998)
County: Cheshire, Merseyside
Volume: 8a
Page: 496

jansmith

jansmith Report 15 Nov 2007 00:21

marriage index
Higgins ------Harwood
Bristol
vol.6a
page 529
Jul. quarter 1934

birth index
Name: Oonah M Harwood
Year of Registration: 1914
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's Maiden Name: Chantree
District: Newark
County: Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire
Volume: 7b
Page: 1020
Certificates can be ordered from this offical site £7 using all details posted i.e vol/page etc http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content

Mothers birth index
Bristol
vol 6a
page 114
registration jun quarter 1939

Josephine

Josephine Report 15 Nov 2007 18:46

dear janice
thank you very much for that information on my grandfather fredrick henry higgins, i was beginning to think he did not exsist. i have since found my nans birthcertificate, it was just my grandads
thank you again

josie