Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephanie Johnson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 26 Jun 2007 17:11

Im trying to trace any information on my Grt Grandmother Nora Elizabeth Jefferys born on the 5th or the 8th of December 1896 she died in Millom Cumbria in 1973. It is belived that she had a brother that she never meet we think called Alfred? she spent many years searching for him through the salvation army but sadly never found him. Nora married my Grt Grandfather Thomas Johnson, born 1896 & died in 1933 Millon Cumbria. Both were originally from the Newcastle area but moved down to Millon Cumbria.They had several children together: * Ronnie Johnson Born around 1924 - Married- Ruby(?) * Thomas Johnson Born in 1926 - Married- Eva Haston * William Johnson Born around 1927 - Married Ruby (?) - his brother Ronnies ex-wife * Robert Johnson Born around 1928 - Married Janet (possablily Donague?) * Lesley Johnson Born around 1923 - * Arthur Johnson Born around 1922 - He was disabled and lived in a mental institution somewhere in Lancaster we belive? * Alan Johnson Born around 1925 - Killed on Havrigg beach by stepping on a land mine. We think that there were possably other siblings, but do not know there names. After my Grt Grandfather died, my Grt Grandmother Nora re- married to a Richard Leslie Fallows' they had a daughter together named Mary Born 1938, but she drowned on the 18/06/1957 at the age of 19 in an accident out Haverigg beach. I would be greatfull for any information on my grandmother or grandfather or any of my family members. If this makes any sence to you personally or you would like to help me search then please get in contact Id love to here from you! Many thanks for taking the time to read my message

Penelope

Penelope Report 15 Nov 2007 21:09

Hi my name is penny Im not sure if this is the same family as I have little back ground but my grandad was lesley johnson he was born in the 1920's he was one of thirteen children I only know a few names as my grandad had a falling out with the family and I never met any of the aunts and uncles but there was a harold arthur sid bertha known as bird anne mary and ralph let me know if this rings a bell