Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Livingstone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 29 Mar 2006 00:32

I' m trying to find the connection of The famous Dr David Livingston my gran allways said she was related to the explorer, her mother was Ann Livingstone 31 domestic servant, spinster(C1843) married to a Thomas Brand Hampton painter journeyman 32yrs of age (c1835) Ann's parents were James Livingston (C1810) who was married to Harriet Whitecross (c1810). on 22nd Nov 1867 at 57 Marshal ST, Wishaw Lanark, (Church Of Scotland) above info on Scotlands People website. The James Livingston ,grocer (c1810) death certificate would probably give the link to the Doctor's family tree Any help would be most appreciated. Regards Bob Gardiner (from sunny Rhyl)

Diana

Diana Report 1 Nov 2007 21:00

Hi, I have just read your query re Dr David Livingstone. I too have also always been told that I was related to him but I can't find the connection and was wondering if you got any more info.
Briefly, my great aunt's mother was Mary Eleanor Livingstone (born 1855) and I have hand written notes that state that her father James Livingstone (B 1816 in Scotland) was a cousin of David. However, on both her birth and marriage certificates Mary's father is given as William! Hoping to hear from you Di

Heather

Heather Report 1 Dec 2007 11:10

In need of some help

I am hoping someone can help me track down part of my family - the gentleman who I am looking for is part of a Schubert tree ..............indirectly I think?

(the Schuberts are in/from Canada)

My ancestor is "Henry Stanley Livingstone" born 1905 in Leeds, Yorkshire he married Janet Muriel Gay in 1942 - Herne Hill, London - Janets parents were Frederick H. Gay born 1889 & Nora E. Gardner born 1893

Janet Muriel Gay was born Norwood, London 1920 and she died in Shropshire 1999.

For this family - I have found a tree that has been submitted to Ancestry - but there are no details as to who has submitted the tree - although from the info (the notes submitted for Janet Gay regards her death) I suspect her granddaughter has supplied the details (her name to me is unknown).

With a bit of back tracking - checking out other names in the tree - the names Augustus Schubert & Catherine O'Hare are obvious relatives as they are part of this tree.

Having checked some of the Schubert names through family search I have found that a Kenneth T. Schubert has submitted part of the same tree - these Schuberts including Kenneth - seem to be or have lived in Canada.

Therefore I am hoping that someone can help me track down my Livingstone relatives (who may be in either Shropshire or Wiltshire) - (as looking at the submitted tree) they (Henry's relatives) know nothing with regards to Henry Stanley Livingstone's relatives from Yorkshire (this in part would be due to Henry's parents dying young - and probably he and his siblings being brought up by distant family members).

From what I gather - contact with Henry & his siblings was lost circa 1911 by my family - all I was told - Henry went to live down South.

As Henry Stanley Livingstone was my mothers cousin - I would very much like to be able to contact his descendants - to give them the info they are obviously missing.

Fingers X that someone can help me with this request - I looking forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help me with this.

thanks in advance.............Heather