Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im so close if anyone can help me please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 15 Nov 2007 14:33

She is my half sister, the info i have is that she was born in 1953.Her surname kentfield.her mother remarried to drury.Then in jacquelines 20s she married Gosch.I have info that she was living in bognor regis 2006.But i cant get anywhere after this.If anyone can please help.I feel so close.thankyou

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 15 Nov 2007 15:10

Hi Julie -- I can't offer anything specific, but I'm just wondering -- that's such an unusual surname, have you tried just trawling the phone directory?

It seems unusual since the indexes 1984-2005 show fewer than a half dozen each births, marriages and deaths for that surname. If it would help and you don't have access, I could copy out the names/locations for the births and marriages, which might help you track down someone related.

I find the UK white pages site

http://www.bt.com/directory-enquiries/

really annoying because you have to specify a very narrow location in order to search. But I tried several large cities, and turned up only one Gosch, in London. I think if I were you I'd just spend some time at the site -- or at a library with actual phone books -- guessing my way through English geography, and then call whomever you came up with!

I tried Ancestry's historical phone directory database, and came up with only one modern listing:

Sgt J E Gosch Peterborough Dec 1970

but there seems to be none there at present.

Of course, there's every possibility you've tried this tack already.

Good luck!