Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unable to trace birth certiifcate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 10 Nov 2007 15:08

Gertrude Robinson, possible born in Ripon, married Arthur Appleby (a widower) in Christ Church, Derby on 18 November 1911, father Francis Robinson shown as deceased on their marriage cert. She had a son, Charles William Robinson, father not named, on 9th Dec 1910 at 121 Highbury Rd Nottingham, where Charle's cert shows she was living at the time, her occupation on his birth cert was Domestic Servant of Kirkby. Arthur and Gertrude settled in Kirkby In Ashfield Notts, at 18 Tennyson Street and went on to have lots of children including my father Edward (Ted). She died on 11 April 1979, I have her death cert, it shows her birth date as 10th May 1890 and birth place as Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts but I feel this is incorrect, I may be wrong.
I am unable to trace her family and would be greatfull of any help anyone can give, especially on how to find her mother, I have done all the obvious cencus search's, I come up with about 3 Francis's who have a daughter Gertrude, and have sent for birth certs but without a mother's name cannot rely on these.
Thank you for taking the time to read this
Angela

Angela

Angela Report 15 Nov 2007 14:39

Hi, Thanks for your reply - I sent for his marriage cert, married in Ripon in 1884 but the ages of both Francis and Cath Ann are recorded as 21, on 1901 cenus shows ages F55 & CA 52 = F born 1846 which makes him 38 in 1884, so I'm not sure they are the same people, I don't want to follow a line that might not be connected to my tree. I don't know how to follow this up, do you have any ideas.
Thank you again for you time
angela