Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harriet Ann Russell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 24 Nov 2007 20:54

Hi folks, Harriet Ann Russell born around 1855 in Bilston Staffordshire married my Great grandfather William Cooper again born about 1855 in Bilston. No record can be found for their marriage which I would assume to have taken place around 1875. Both the BMD and IGI records have returned no results for me. Has anyone got access to parish records for either Bilston, Wolverhampton, Bradley or Dudley in the West Midlands that would be willing to do a search for me.
Regards,
Graham.

Linda

Linda Report 24 Nov 2007 21:08

Marriages Dec 1871 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boyle Mary Ann Wolverhampton 6b 844
Clulow William Wolverhampton 6b 844
COOPER William Wolverhampton 6b 844
Russell Harriet Ann Wolverhampton 6b 844

Graham

Graham Report 25 Nov 2007 07:27

Hi Lindy Lou,
Many thanks for your help, I have now sent off for their marriage certificate. I have now found the details myself on BMD. I did not look at 1871 as Harriet was probably around 16/17 years old around that date.
Again thanks for your help.
Regards,
Graham

Graham

Graham Report 1 Dec 2007 22:08

Hi Lindy Lou,
I have now recieved the marriage cert. for William Cooper to Harriet Ann Russell. Hammond was aged 19 and Harriet was 17. Married 24th. Dec. 1871 at St. Peters Church, Wolverhampton. Harriet's father is noted as Thomas Russell a Fitter. Thomas's father is Hammond, a Collier. I now have more info. on Hammond Cooper and his wife, Emma Walthow.
Regards,
Graham.