Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help for beginner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Nov 2007 13:07

trying to find out about a grandfather . all i know is his name was benjamin jones born around 1899 who married esther ann sherman and had 2 children but devoirced or separated and the children were also separated.he kept the son,my grandmother kept the girl whose name was glynwen jones, born 12/05/1924.is there anywhere i can get more help from

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 15 Nov 2007 14:48

where was he born do you know ?

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Nov 2007 15:02

dont know but my grandmother was born and brought up in bedlinog, south wales

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Nov 2007 23:28

This looks to be the marriage

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1922 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>JONES Benjamin Sherman Merthyr T. 11a 1106
NICHOLLS Edith M Powell Merthyr T. 11a 1106
Powell Llewellyn F C Nicholls Merthyr T. 11a 1106
>>>>SHERMAN Esther A Jones Merthyr T. 11a 1106

If you order a copy of the marriage cert from www.gro.gov.uk this will show his fathers name and occupation. You may then be able to find Benjamin in the 1901 Wales census. The cert will cost £7.

Andy