Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No more look ups

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 4 Oct 2008 16:50

From now on i will not be doing any look ups on this board. Im sick of being goaded into arguments purely for the purpose of some wanting me off the boards.

TC Julie

Catherine

Catherine Report 4 Oct 2008 16:54

Hugs Julie.
I don't know whats been going off but I'm sorry you've been upset.

xxx

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 4 Oct 2008 17:04

julie i know it is a easy thing to say, but don,t let the few goad you into a argument.

Not quite sure how someone can have a problem with being given help.

richard.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 4 Oct 2008 17:35

Julie

I'm sure your help is appreciated by far more people than those you maybe referring to, so all i can say is ignore them.

I saw a post yesterday , when 2 members were objecting to another member who was just nudging up a few of her most helpful threads.
Perhaps these sort of people feel inadequate, are not capable of having original thoughts.

Help on here is what is required and not criticism of those that do.

George

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 4 Oct 2008 17:46

I am sure you have alot of support behind you and i have seen you help alot of people.They are the 1's you need to think about and forget the jealous,unkind people who have upset you.They are not worth it.

Michelle : )

Deborah

Deborah Report 4 Oct 2008 18:00

hi juile,please dont give up on here.you helpped me a few wks ago.i like would like to thank you.dont know who upset you.but we needed people like you here .so thank you once again

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 4 Oct 2008 18:02

წ Julie წ

Don't go, I know it's not easy to ignore them but it's the best thing.

((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))

LfW ;

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 4 Oct 2008 18:03

Julie

Ignore 'em...not worth getting upset by others.

You carry on helping other people if you want..GR would be nothing without the assistance of it's members.....

Sue

Sue Report 4 Oct 2008 18:15

FGS

These people give a massive amount of their time to help other people just like me.

If they want to nudge up helpful threads what is wrong with that.

I can't remember a lot of tips and references and it saves me looking a complete idiot by not asking the same questions over and over if I can find them again.

Sue x

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 4 Oct 2008 18:17

But then they have got the better of you, just carry on business as usual. ignore the idiots

David

David Report 4 Oct 2008 18:35

Just reply with this link if they are breaching guidelines:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/genesreunited.asp?wci=grstatic&type=guidelines

But please "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" as my Mum says to me.

I'm sure that the grateful folk out there outweigh the annoying Muppets.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 4 Oct 2008 19:11

Dont leave us julie.
without the likes of you and the other helpers there is no way id be where i am today and you were one of the first people to help me about a year ago,along with lfw and a couple of others
vivienne

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 4 Oct 2008 20:22

Cos you need a giggle and I nearly PMSL when I got this !!!

The Facecloth

This has to be read, laughed at and passed on. There is not a woman alive today who won't crack up over this!

I was due for a cancer smear with the doctor later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am . I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the facecloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the facecloth in the
Clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the Doctor said, 'My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?'

I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal - some shopping, cleaning, & cooking.

After school when my 7 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mummy, where's my facecloth?'

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my Glitter saved inside it.' !!!!!!!!

NEVER going back to that doctor ever!!

Pam

Pam Report 4 Oct 2008 20:47

Don't take any notice....we all pay our subscription and we help in any way we choose.....NOBODY is Boss.

Genevive

Genevive Report 5 Oct 2008 00:04

hi julie you helped me to find three generations of my family i think you are wonderful. genny

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 5 Oct 2008 10:20

Hi Julie, I am one of the many people you have helped, many thanks.
You carry on helping oyhers, take no notice of petty minded people.
Also thank you to all the people who have helped me in the past..liz

samtweeny

samtweeny Report 5 Oct 2008 10:27

Julie,
Please don't leave, this site needs good, kind people like you. Please try and ignore the nasty ones who have been hurtful to you.
Ive been helped by kind people such as yourself and you are all very much appreciated by me.
Take care.
Kind regards
alison

Julie

Julie Report 5 Oct 2008 12:23

Many thanks everyone for your kind words

& LFW..pmsl..that was sooo funny thank you

xx

Debra

Debra Report 5 Oct 2008 12:29

Hello julie.
Iam knew to this but without the help i have been given on here i would not be as far as i am.I seem to have rely on people like yourself for help.
Please dont give up.
thanks debbie

MargarettawasMargot

MargarettawasMargot Report 5 Oct 2008 12:35

Julie,
Please don't let a few petty,small minded people stop you from helping people on this site who need it.Your help is much appreciated by everyone
here.

Thanks,Lost for words,I had a good giggle at your
story.You made my day!!!

Margot xx