Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

william allen

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 19:05

im lookin for infromation on willam allen he was born1873 on london he marreied a lady called emma moss im trying to find who william allen parents were and where they came from?

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2011 19:08

Is this the marriage you refer to?
Marriages Mar 1910
xxx Allen William James Hackney 1b 730
xxx MOSS Emma Louisa Hackney 1b 730
MURCOTT Arthur Hackney 1b 730
SKIPWORTH Eliza Hackney 1b 730

The easiest way is to buy the certificate for correct Fathers' names, (and witnesses, ages, occupations etc)

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 20:16

yeah thats the one but hen i put it on freebdm it doesnt come up

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2011 20:34

I found this marriage in free bmd, so I do not know what you mean by 'it doesn't come up'
You have to order and pay for the certificate to get the information. If you just follow the directions given by free bmd it explains how to get the certificate.

Do you know of any children of William and Emma, so I can look for them in 1911, and where they subsequently lived?

Thank-you.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 20:37

yeah ive already got that the cenus from for them i more intrested in willam parents as i was told there was no name where it says fathers name im what do i right in free bmd as i seem 2 get no results could u write what i need 2 right in the boxes please

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2011 20:48

I do not know which boxes you mean, sorry.
You just follow the guide on free bmd to the GRO certificate ordering service, and follow through the registration etc.
Who told you there was no name for Father?
Illegitimate?
There are many William James Allens born in 1872 to 1874.
Have you got them on the 1911 census, or have you any birth dates for children?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Aug 2011 20:50

Rebecca - here's the link to FreeBMD help page

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/search-help.shtml

and here's how to order certificates:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/Certificates.html

It isn't really possible for us to give you tuition on here, best just to take the time to read through what to do. :-)

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 20:53

yeah for his children i do hold on i get them

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 21:06

ALLEN, William Head Married M 38 1873 Carpenter Tottenham Midsx VIEW
ALLEN, Emma Wife Married
4 years F 26 1885 Willesden Midsx VIEW
ALLEN, Dorothy Daughter Daughter F 3 1908 Edmonton Midsx VIEW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ALLEN, Christina Daughter Daughter F 2 1909 Acton Midsx VIEW
ALLEN, Ruby Daughter Daughter F 0 (3 MONTHS) 1911 Kingland Midsx VIEW

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 21:07

i figrued out how to da and got the cerficates

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2011 21:09

In the 1911 posted they have been married 4 years, but you have said the 1910 marriage was correct.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Aug 2011 21:40

im noy sure when they married if it was 1910 or not all i no is that william was my great grandfather and his wife was emma moss

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 Aug 2011 18:16

Hello Rebecca, how do you know for definite that Emma's surname was Moss?

I know you want to trace William's parents, but it's really important to have all the facts correct for each generation before moving back over.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Aug 2011 19:09

yeah her emma madian name was moss and ive order the marriage cert just waiting for it to arrive but from my knowlegde that a chance that william wont have his father name on his marraige cert but that 100%

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 Aug 2011 19:18

Rebecca, could you please explain what proof you have that Emma's maiden name was Moss.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Aug 2011 19:33

my nan babrba knew her nan emma but they called her jessie and on babrba mum dothery birth cert it has her mums name as moss

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Aug 2011 19:41

emma louisa moss

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 25 Aug 2011 17:21

i need help i have the married cert for willam james allen and emma louisa moss, their fathers where john allen and thomas moss they were both dead when they where married it is believed that emma moss may have came from canada or her parent how will i find this out ? can anyone help me with any cenus form or deaths please i know both fathers were dead by 1910 and that william allen was a widower when he married emma. John allen was a general latouses or somthing its hard 2 read what excutaly. Thomas moss was also dead by 1910 he was a groom (domestic) i would like to find out who they were married to and if any of them came from canada please help me if possible

patchem

patchem Report 25 Aug 2011 18:07

The 1911 census that you posted stated that Emma came from Willesden.

Why Canada?

Birth certificate for further information?

? Births Dec 1888
MOSS Emma Louisa Hendon 3a 165

??
1891 England Census
Emma L Moss
Relation: Visitor Gender: Female
Where born: Willesden, Middlesex, England
Civil parish: Harrow Ecclesiastical parish: St John Town: Wembley County/Island: Middlesex Country: England
Registration district: Hendon Sub-registration district: Harrow
ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Piece: 1040 Folio: 18 Page Number: 32

James Beer 66
Emma Beer 38
Emma L Moss 2
Frederick Pullen 20

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 1040; Folio 18; Page 32; GSU roll: 6096150.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 25 Aug 2011 18:53

Possible baptism for Emma Louisa:

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906

Name: Emma Louisa Moss
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1889
Baptism Date: 8 Sep 1889
Father's name: Thomas Moss < Labourer
Mother's name: Mary Moss
Parish or Poor Law Union: Wembley
Borough: Brent

No actual birth date given. Not impossible for baptism to be quite some time after birth.