Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Anne Britnell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary Anne

Mary Anne Report 7 Jul 2005 08:02

I have a one name study of the BRITNELL name and can quite possibly help you with your own B lines. My own line is from Lon/Mdx from a long line horse dealers. My grandfather was Frederick Britnell born 1855 died 1916, leaving nine children with his fourth wife Alice Mary BRABBEN, born 1869. Frederick was her second husband although she later married a Mr. CHADWICK. I have assumed that they must have married sometime in the late 1920s or early 30s when most of her children were married and gone their way. The IGI gives info on Fredericks second wife, Sarah Marie YOUNG and and one of their sons. Their marriage certificate states that Frederick was widowed at the time of this marriage in 1885 at ST Giles, St Pancras, London. If anyone can give me any info on his first wife, who I can't find, I would be most appreciative Thanks everyone, Mary Anne BRITNELL mary.anne 'at' shaw.ca

Irene

Irene Report 1 Dec 2007 22:58

Mary Ann I have information on Frederick's first wife if you get in touch.

Irene