Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elphick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 31 Jan 2007 11:40

My mother was Emily Elphick born 1903 in Newick Sussex, died 1957. had several relatives in the Mid Sussex area some of whom moved to New Zealand after the 2nd World war. I had a cousin Keith who was associated for a long time with Sussex County Cricket Club.

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 Oct 2007 15:26

My Gt Grandmother was Sarah Jane Elphick born Shoreham 1832 married Samuel Eli Coles in 1868
Sarah Jane's mother was Mary, and she also had a brother called Herbert born at Uckfield... any relation?
Best wishes Pat.

Michael

Michael Report 24 Oct 2007 16:15

We have a Emily Elphick 1872 in our tree. She was born in Maresfield Sussex. She was the daughter of George Elphick 1851 and Emma Simmonds 1857. Any relation? Regards Mike.

Patricia

Patricia Report 16 Nov 2007 15:48

I wonder if Emily was related to Herbert, he was my Gt Grandmother's brother. Pat Hawes