Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ruscoe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 29 Jan 2007 04:20

Trying to find info on a George Ruscoe, born about 1834, Shropshire, who married a Fanny Bolas in 1865 at Market Drayton. In 1891 census he is listed as Railway signalman living at Inn Lane, Hartlebury. This couple had children by names of George, Joseph, John (my Great Grandfather), Elizabeth, Alfred, Harriet, Tom, Abraham & Fanny. Most attended school in Hartlebury. Any infomation on this couple or their children would be greatly received. Kind regards, Carol MJ

Clare

Clare Report 1 Dec 2007 11:16

HI Carol,

You may already have this info. I have various BMD records for Hartlebury and have found some of the Ruscoe children.
Baptisms in Hartlebury:
10 Aug 1879 Harriet dau of George & Fanny Ruscoe. George's occupation Signalman
13 Aug 1882 Tom son of (as above)
10 May 1885 Abraham son of (as above)
9 Sept 1888 Fanny dau of (as above)

Also found a marriage:
19 Oct 1898 Alfred Ruscoe (21) Railway Clerk to Gwyneth Sarah Beach (21).
Alfred's father - George Ruscoe Signalman.
Gweneth's father - Benjamin Beah Coal Agent. Witnesses were Benjamin Beach and Gwendolin May Beach.

Baptism 2 Feb 1900 for Evelyn Marjorie May Ruscoe dau of Alfred & Gwynneth Ruscoe (Railway Clerk) abode: Ashwood Rd, Worcester.

I have more birth, marriage & death records to look thru - this was just my initial scan. I am transcribing a lot of Hartlebury records, so if I come across anymore Ruscoe's I will let you know.

Regards,
Clare