Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Sep 2005 06:42

looking for parents: Charles LEA - born 1835 st pancras, london. died before 1901. in 1861 & 1881 he was a letter press printer. in 1862 he was a printer journeyman. his mother was living with him in 1881: mother - MARY LEA, widow, age 78 born HIGHGATE.(born c1803) his wife: Mary Slocombe - born c1833 Taunton, somerset married dec 1852 Bethnal Green. i cant find anything else on his mother , other than 1881 census extract. cant find his father or Charles's birth. cant find any slocombes in taunton. cant find any leas in Highgate. I have some brief details of his children, am looking for him or his wife or their parents. any help would be much appreciated.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 17 Nov 2007 16:15

i am also looking for leas in the st pancras area.i have a charles lea , sister lydia , ellen,mary, all born st pancras between `831-18??. Their father was charles lea born 1801 who was a coal merchant based kingsland road Hackney.he was m to dinah smallman.this family has several charles leas in it , all living in and around st pancras and islington for several generations, should be a link somewhere? love to hear from you.