Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edinburgh Records Office - Results

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 22 Nov 2005 16:50

Taking a trip to the Edinburgh Records office next wednesday (30th Nov) and was wondering if anyone would like me to do a look up for them? BMD's 1855 to 2005. I will not do blanket searches. Please try and include as much information as possible. Bear in mind i might not get round to your search this time (my priority being my own family) but if not i'm planning another trip in January. So, any takers? Mhairi

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 22 Nov 2005 17:34

Mhairi, Being a bit thick when it comes to Scottish records can you tell me what area's are covered at Edinburgh records office . Cath

Isabel

Isabel Report 22 Nov 2005 17:37

Hi Mahri Thankyou for your offer could you please try to find my mothers niece [half sisters daughter]her name is Elizabeth Malley she was born about 1925-26 I would like information from birth cert please. I know her mother was Jessie Rossini and her father name is Luke Malley they married in Glasgow Calton district in 1924 They had two children Elizabeth and James Luke died when children were young and mother remarried My mother think elizabeth was a war bride and went to canada she hasnt been heard of since 1945 as both her parents were dead by then. Thankyou Isabel

Eric

Eric Report 22 Nov 2005 17:40

Hi Mhairi Could you please look for information on Percy John Cross b 1875 Hamilton, Lanarkshire. Father: Adolphus Charles Cross Mother: Elizabeth Hoare. I don't know if the records will show any more details than those which I have included in my message. But any further details would be most welcome. Regards Ericx

Susan

Susan Report 22 Nov 2005 17:45

Thanks for the offer, could you try to find the marriage of William Hunter Phillip to Mary S Grant probably in Dundee. Their daughter was born there in 1900. Also if you have time , the death of Mary S Phillip between 1900 and 1929. Sue

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 22 Nov 2005 18:00

Mhairi, I hope you can Janet Mckinnon born 1836 ,Tobermony, Mull . Parents Angus and Catherine Mckinnon . Could you please see if you can find a D.O.B If you have time could you also check for d.o.b for catherine Alexander 1839 Glasgow parents John alexander -Catherine Donnachie William Alexander 1819 Glasgow parents John Alexander -susanna Stienson Williamson Cath

Tc

Tc Report 22 Nov 2005 18:25

Hi Mhairi Please could you look for the birth details of (Emma ) Henrietta Jonas born December 1867 in Leith, parents, Maurice Jonas and Pauline Meyerdorff Many thanks Tom

Donna

Donna Report 22 Nov 2005 18:26

Hi Mahri Thank you for your offer.Could you please check if you have time. For a marriage of Neil Mckenzie and a IsaBella Nicholson in Kilmuir, Inverness Jan 9 1862 looking for parents names. Thank you again . Best wishes Donna

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 22 Nov 2005 18:43

Mhairi , I do go on Scotlands but there are that many Alexanders to go through if you opt for the wrong one it ends up costing a furtune to check them all . Dawn has had no luck with them .They are a nightmare. Could you please check births for these for me . John Hill 1887 Blantyre parents John Hill -Agnes Mclachlan Jane Hill 1895 Blantyre parents Isabella Thomson Wilson -Charles Hill Cath

John

John Report 22 Nov 2005 20:27

Hi Mhairi Very kind of you to offer. I'm trying to trace the forbears of one Alexander Kennedy DAVIS born either Edinburgh or Bathgate in 1922. Alexander is now deceased but served with the Argyll's in World War 2, married an Yvonne Pina in Vienna in 1946 and returned to Edinburgh to become a City Councillor residing in Thistle Place which is off Viewforth (running down from Bruntsfield to the canal). Alexander's mother was nee Jimieson or Jamieson and I believe his father was a Polish immigrant who set up as a bespoke tailor in Edinburgh - his Polish surname is unknown but obviously he took the name of David DAVIS. Alex and Yvonne had one daughter Madeline Patricia Caroline DAVIS born in Edinburgh in 1948. Any relevant BMD's would be most welcome. With kind regards John Jackman

Zena

Zena Report 22 Nov 2005 22:47

Please if possible do a birth look up for a Noreen Duffy born in 1929 or 1930 fathers name Daniel Duffy dont know mothers name thank you Zena

John

John Report 23 Nov 2005 11:47

Hi again Mhairi, Thank you for your prompt reply. I really meant Alex's parents and grand parents. Also, Alex and Yvonne were divorced in 1953 and Alex remarried a lady called Olive (surname unknown). Alex's daughter Madeline is currently married and living in California. Yvonne re-married in St. Giles Register Office in Edinburgh on 2nd October, 1953. This is about the sum total of all the facts I have. I am doing all this research on behalf of Madeline to provide a comprehensive tree for her and her beautiful grand children. Thank you once again for your offer of help and the best of luck with your own research. With best regards John Jackman

Janet

Janet Report 23 Nov 2005 12:45

Don't know if you can help. I am looking for birth of my father - Matthew Dunlop Keir, born 8th February 1919 (possible Kippen, or Gartmore in Stirling ) I would like parents names if possible. Maybe this isn't enuough info. Hope you can help

Susan

Susan Report 23 Nov 2005 17:13

re Mary S Phillip, yes she is the wife of William. Sue

hallyally

hallyally Report 23 Nov 2005 22:25

Hello and thanks for your offer. If you have time, please could you look up my Gt Gt Grandfather as follows:- GEORGE SOMERVILLE born about 1843 I believe in the Edinburgh area. His middle name may be FREER or FROER. He moved to London, so it would only be his dob you might find. Am having trouble establishing his exact birth date and parents, so hope you can find him. Thanks again Allie

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 23 Nov 2005 22:53

What a kind offer! Would you mind looking to see if someone left a will, for me? Her name was ROBINA ROSS, who died in Nairn, 4/7/1930. Thank you.

hallyally

hallyally Report 23 Nov 2005 23:17

Hi Mhairi Sorry, I didn't realise that the records do not include births! He was married in england as far as i know, so prob. nothing in the Edinburgh office, thanks anyway and give my fond regards to Edinburgh! Allie

hallyally

hallyally Report 24 Nov 2005 10:28

Hi Mhairi Thanks and good hunting! Allie

Debra

Debra Report 24 Nov 2005 11:00

Hello could you possibly look up information on Elizabeth Henderson she married Cornelius Page on 28/11/1870 in Edinburgh. I cannot find any other informationon this person and one old census records has her born in York but other information has Scotland. She had daughter Mary Elizabeth Marshall Page born 24/12/1882 who married James Cochrane Mack on 30/10/1902. Any help would be great.

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 24 Nov 2005 21:20

You will certainly be busy by the looks of things. I am trying to establish my connection with Thomas the doughty Dickson from Douglas. Supposed to be on my ggrandfathers paternal grandmother line but so far have been unable to acheive any results. James Dickson McKerrow b1867 Douglas d 1947 Pollockshields parents Alexander McKerrow b1835 Douglas d1909 Douglas Isabella McGregor Lawcock b1825 douglas d 1912 Glasgow Alexanders parents are John McKerrow b 1816 Galston d 1900 douglas Jean/Jane Sloan b1812 Douglas This is where I am stuck because his mother is supposed to be a DICKSON. Its possible there were 2 Alexander McKerrow born around the same time and the 2 have been mixed up. Also the McGregor connection is still eluding me. If you have time for any of this it would be a great help Thanks again for thinking of us all on here. GLoria