Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sarah Jane Heslop.......?? HELP Please Anyone Some

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:17

Anyone willing to throw around some ideas Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:23

Sarah Jane Heslop is my Great Grandmother She was born Birth detailsRegistration District South Bishopwearmouth. Birth in the Sub-district of South Bishopwearmouth.10th December 1866 at 34 Burden Street, Ryhope. Sarah Jane, sex girl. Father William Heslop. Mother Mary Heslop formerly Wynn. Father's occupation Coalminer. Informant X the mark of Mary Heslop, Mother of 34 Burdon Street, Ryhope. (Registered 28th December 1866)

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:24

She married Marriage Register. Sunderland Register Office. 30th May 1882. William Gash, aged 21, bachelor, Occ. Labourer, residence at the time of marriage 68 Ryhope Street, Ryhope. Father John Gash, Occ. Miner. Sarah Jane Heslop, aged 18, spinster, residence at the time of marriage 53 Ryhope Street, Ryhope. Father William Heslop (deceased), Occ. Coalminer. They both sign their names. The witnesses to this marriage were, John Belshaw signs his name and Mary Wignall makes X her mark. (Mary Wignall is Sarah's Mother). Maureen

Lynne

Lynne Report 20 Sep 2005 11:25

Maureen What information are you looking for?? Lynne

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:26

She gives Father's name as William Heslop (deceased) on the marriage which is what is on her birth cert Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:29

Hi Lynne Just cannot get my head around the information that I have Looking at the info Cannot find Sarah on the 1871 Census... She is on the 1881 Census as Sarah Wignall Cannot find anything on her Father and certainly cannot get my head around why the mother is Wynn on birth cert and Winroe on the marriage to William Heslop Maureen Which was coming next by the way

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:31

Now I have purchased two marriage certificates Marriage Register. Sunderland Register Office. 13th October 1866. William Heslop, aged 24, bachelor, Occ. Coalminer, residence at the time of marriage 34 Burdon Street, Ryhope Colliery. Father Thomas Heslop, Occ. Coalminer. Mary Winroe, aged 21, spinster, residence at the time of marriage 61 Tunstall Street, Ryhope Colliery. Father George Winroe (Deceased), Occ. Coalminer. William sign's his name and Mary makes X her mark. The witnesses to this marriage were Thomas Heslop and Isabel Heslop who both make X their mark. Marriage two Marriage Register. Hetton le Hole Parish Church. 15th December 1873. Thomas Wignall, aged 34, widower, Occ, Miner, residence at the time of marriage Springwell Terrace. Father Thomas Wignall, Occ. Joiner Mary Ann Moore, aged 29, widow, residence at the time of marriage Springwell Terrace. Father Thomas Winroe, Occ. Miner. Thomas sign's his name and Mary Ann makes X her mark. The witnesses to this marriage were Marget Chetham amd Elizabeth Emmerson, who both sign their names.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:31

Can anyone make head or tail with the info As I am lost with it Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:36

Hi Jim No I have already checked out that family and there does'nt seem to be any connection Sarah Jane was born at Ryhope.... Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:42

What put me onto the marriage of William Heslop and Mary Winroe was the fact of the address of where he was living and the address of Sarah Jane's Birth. Which both match. 34 Burdon Street, Ryhope.. Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:44

Can anyone Throw some Ideas around..... Help!!! Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:48

On the 1881 Census. Sarah was living at Chilton Lane, Durham. The head of the house was Thomas Wignall her Stepfather. Thomas Wignall, head, maried, aged 44, Occ. Coalminer, born Glaskin, Lancashire. Mary Ann Wignall, wife, married, aged 38, born Nottingham. Sarah Jane (Heslop), dau, aged 15, born Ryhope, Durham. Thomas, son, aged 12, Scholar, born Skelmersdale, Lancashire. William (Moor), son, aged 9, Scholar, born Trimdon, Durham. John, son, aged 4, born Chilton, Durham. Catherine France, mother-in law, aged 62, Occ Dressmaker. After Sarah marries William Gash they can both be found living at Chilton on the 1891 and 1901 Census.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 11:58

Hi There also is a possibility that Mary Wynn Winroe has marriaed inbetween William Heslop and Thomas Wignall as William (Moor), son, aged 9, Scholar, born Trimdon, Durham. Living with them on the 1881 Census.. Sarah Jane's Daughter Mary Jane is working for him in 1901 as a Domestic Servant... Especially as the Wignall marriage she has married as Mary Ann Moore... Does anyone have any ideas as to where I should go.. Or what I should look for.. Maureen

Kate

Kate Report 20 Sep 2005 12:03

This is a difficult one, Maureen! I have been looking and finding nothing and getting more and more confused. Could William Heslop's death be the one in Sep 1870 Stockton 10a 87 age 29? There are a few possible births for William Moore around 1872. I think we need to look for a marriage between Mary (Ann) Heslop and a Mr. Moore, but haven't come up with anything yet. You would think Mary should be living in Trimdon in 1871 but I haven't managed to find her yet. But I am trying! Kate.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 12:08

Hi Kate Tell me about it... I'm begginging to think that they don't want to be found... With the older child being born in Lancashire. I have even checked any Sarah's being in Lancashire for around the right Birth year. I have had no luck at all finding a marriage for Mary and a Moore.. Cannot find Sarah's father on 1871 or 1861 and without something to go on.. I am Stuck.... Maureen Glue comes to mind lol.... Maureen

Kate

Kate Report 20 Sep 2005 12:09

Have to take a break for now but I'll have another try later. If you try Family Relatives maybe you will be able to find the Mary (Ann) Heslop marriage to Mr. Moore? Kate.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 12:10

Plus Thomas Wignall is living at Trimdon in 1871 as an unmaried lodger.. Maureen

Kate

Kate Report 20 Sep 2005 12:11

What do you think of that William Heslop death, though? Do you think it would be worth getting the cert to see if it is him? Kate.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 12:15

Thanks Kate.. Could just do with a fresh head and a Fresh Start with them... I am hoping to be at the library tomorrow and Going to trawl the St Catherine's House Index and see if I can find anything on there... The death reg that you had put on there I have seen but there are also around 5 other William Heslop's that have died at around that time.. I have also checked the Durham Mining Museum site to see of he was registered as a death on there with him being a MINER.. Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 20 Sep 2005 12:32

What does anyone make of this one ??? 1871 Census James France head married, aged 44, Occ Coalminer born Blacklock, Lancashire Catherine France wife married aged 53, born Lancashire Joseph son aged 19 Occ. Coalminer born Ashton under Lyne, Lancs Alice, dau, aged 15, Occ. Weaver born Ashton under lyne Lancs Mary E, dau, aged 7, scholar, born Ashton under Lyne Lancs Thomas Wignall, Grandson, aged 2, born Ashton under Lyne, Lancs Is this the same Thomas Wignall living at the house in 1881…??? Even more so with Catherine France Mother on one census and Mother in law on another... Anyone