Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 Staffs look up results but no more requests f

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 10 Aug 2004 13:19

1841 Staffs. census again, happy to help if I can, but please read the message below first!! :)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 10 Aug 2004 13:20

Information included on the 1841 census was: Address, but usually only a street name or in smaller places name of village Name and surname Age, but usually rounded down to the nearest 5 years for adults Occupation Whether born in county Y/N, I for Ireland, S for Scotland Relationships and places of birth were not given. Unfortunately I don't have the time to search through every page of the largest towns (e.g. Tipton). This quite literally can take several hours. If you have a street name I will try to find it, but on the 1841 census it's not always possible. Wolverhampton has a street index online so look-ups there with a street name are no problem. Please please please give me all the information you can!! If you do I have a much better chance of finding them. If you have information about other family members they would have been likely to be living with in 1841 please give me that too! eg parents or children's names. I'd be really grateful if you could leave me a quick message to say that you have read any information I find. Since it takes a while to do some of the look-ups I'm not always sure whether people are coming back to get the reply. Thanks :)

Tracy

Tracy Report 10 Aug 2004 14:19

thanks for this Thomas Adams born around 1835 wednesbury staffordshire father Thomas mother mary others in house could be joseph adams mary ann adams

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Aug 2004 14:31

Elizabeth, I would be grateful if you could do these look-ups for me,they are all Sedgley. I have William Parkes born 1797,Sedgley and his wife Frances ( that's all I know about her).The children that I have for them are Richard 1829,Joseph 1831,William 1834 and Sarah 1836. Thanks very much, Wendy

David

David Report 10 Aug 2004 16:24

Hi Elizabeth Thank you for your kind offer. I'm trying to find my G/G/Grandfather JOHN LEA who was born in 1833 in MAER a tiny village in Staffordshire, so he would be around 8 years old on 1841 census. His father's name was WILLIAM LEA. Any help you can give will be most appreciated. Many thanks Christel

Bernadette

Bernadette Report 10 Aug 2004 17:54

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for the offer of a look up, I am trying to find GEORGE WILLSHAW born 1825 in CHEDDLETON he should be about 16 and hopefully at home with parents GEORGE and ELIZABETH. There should also be siblings....ALICE, JOHN, MARY, JAMES, THOMAS, ELIZA AND WILLIAM, but maybe some of the older ones will have moved on. Thanks again Bernadette

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Aug 2004 08:50

CLARE: Sorry, I don't know where Willington and Eggington are and they're not listed on my index. If you tell me where they are or if they're part of a larger parish that might be listed I could have another look.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Aug 2004 11:04

Hi Elizabeth Is it possible for you to see if you could find the following in 1841 for me please. William Shelton and his Wife Ellen nee Dicken they were born in the Hamstall area of Staffordshire. I am assuming it was the Hampstall area as that is where their first child was born. Thank you for your kind offer. Cheryl

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Aug 2004 13:54

CLARE: Never did find Willington or Eggington sorry, but hope that one of these families is the Thomas Callingwood you were after: Township of Fradley, Parish of Alrewas Fradley Thomas CALLINGWOOD 44 Labourer Y Maria CALLINGWOOD 47 Y Mary CALLINGWOOD 20 Y Sarah CALLINGWOOD 9 Y Maria CALLINGWOOD 7 Y Fanny CALLINGWOOD 3 Y Elizabeth CALLINGWOOD 1 Y George CALLINGWOOD 19 Ag Lab Y Benjamin SUTTON 25 Ag Lab Y Fradley (next house) Thomas CALLINGWOOD 21 Ag Lab Y Elizabeth CALLINGWOOD 27 Y Thomas CALLINGWOOD 10 months Y You can buy the census from Stepping Stones. Don't know the exact address but easy to find through Google. Or eBay for a cheaper secondhand copy!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Aug 2004 13:56

CHERYL: I looked in Hamstall Ridware which was the only Hamstall I could find but didn't find them, sorry. Some of the pages are completely unreadable so they are probably there which only makes it worse. If Hamstall Ridware wasn't the right place let me know and I'll try again. Liz

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Aug 2004 15:35

Hi Elizabeth It is Hamstall Ridware sorry I ought to have put that last time sorry!!!! Thanks for looking so greatful Cheryl

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Report 11 Aug 2004 16:00

Hi Elizabeth Can you do a look up for Gillow Heath, Biddulph. I am looking for Thomas Tomlinson and his wife Sarah. they married in 1802 so would be 60ish. Would like the rest of their household. Not sure of the size of the place but on the assumption it is quite small, any other Tomlinsons you come across. Also any Shufflebothams in the same place. Thank you Bronwyn

John

John Report 11 Aug 2004 18:28

Hi Liz, about 6 months ago you did 1841 lookup for me,would it be possible to have image of census page,please. township of Gradbach,Alstonefield parish,hundred of North Totmonslow. Jeremiah Steel 30 George 25 Abraham 15 Boden 20 Regards, John PS will keep lookout for your James Bethell in Shropshire 1841,I have just noticed that some folio's for Sherriff hales were lost.

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 12 Aug 2004 00:26

Thanks for your offer. Could you please look up the following: Joseph Harris born 1839 Dawend (father Thomas, mother Nancy) Emma Meredith born 1839 Darlaston (parents unknown) I know it's a long shot........ Many thanks Joanne

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 12 Aug 2004 09:22

TRACY: Really sorry I can't go through all of Wednesbury there's so much of it. WENDY: Cinderhill part of the Village of Sedgley Fanny PARKES 40 Beerseller Y Richard PARKES 11 Y Joseph PARKES 9 Y Sarah PARKES 5 Y

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 12 Aug 2004 09:25

CHRISTEL: I've been through Maer twice looking for them and can't find them. Think they must have been elsewhere. BERNADETTE: Cheddleton George WILLSHAW 55 Carpenter Y Elizth WILLSHAW 50 Y George WILLSHAW 15 Y William WILLSHAW 7 Y

David

David Report 12 Aug 2004 23:40

Elizabeth Many many thanks for looking Christel

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Aug 2004 23:58

Thanks so much for looking up the info for me, I've never had a beer-seller in my tree before,most of the Wendym are miners,and a woman as well!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 13 Aug 2004 08:51

BRONWYN: Didn't find either name in Gillow Heath, but the other parts of Biddulph seem to be completely over run with Shufflebothams! If there are any particular Shufflebotham names you want me to look for let me know, but there are so many of them that it would take me hours to write them all down. Liz JOANNE: Where is Dawend? I've never heard of it and can't find it on the census or a map. JOHN: Emailed you about that.

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 13 Aug 2004 09:28

Hi Elizabeth, Did 1941 Staffs cover Newton Regis? I,m looking for a Henry Bates b. 1829 mother possibly Mary Bates b. 1811 thanks Dave