Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need a British VRI Look-up?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 18 Nov 2003 23:24

If so, to prevent this thread getting too long and unwieldy, drop me an email and I'll be happy to help.

Alan

Alan Report 20 Nov 2003 08:04

Hello Linda I am trying to find the following: John Page Cooper b 1867 Shoreditch Caroline Doughty b 1868 Hackney Thos Humphries b 1844 Shropshire William K King b 1845 Northampton All the above are being evasive, and any little help would be appreciated Many thanks Alan

BrianW

BrianW Report 20 Nov 2003 11:02

I e-mailed you to ask about the Sherwoods. My virgin e-mail address at home is playing up so if you have replied and I have not acknowledged please accept my apologies.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 20 Nov 2003 21:05

Brian - my reply was as follows: Hi Brian Not having much success so far! Haven't yet come across anyone I can immediately identify as 'yours'. The discs appear to be anything but complete!! There is no mention of Lympne or Hythe. However, there are loads of Sherwoods in Gillingham and Chatham. Are they of any interest? Afraid the search for marriages was no better. Couldn't find any marriages between Sherwoods, Sharwoods, Sherratts, Cooks, Giles or Harts... Not much help I'm afraid, but if you want me to delve into Gillingham or Chatham, let me know... With best wishes, Linda

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 20 Nov 2003 21:13

Christina - no joy I'm afraid! There are 5 baby Tuckers with a father called Edwin, 3 in Gloucestershire, 1 in Devon and 1 in Somerset but none of them are called Robert or Harry. Unfortunately, the VRI appears to have very few entries for the London area. Sorry!

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 20 Nov 2003 21:34

Alan - hope this is helpful: COOPER, John Page Christening Gender: Male Birth Date: 26 Dec 1827 Birthplace: 5257, Bow, Middlesex, Eng Recorded in: London, England Collection: Dr. William's Library; Nonconformist Registers Father: John COOPER Mother: Mary Ann GARMAN Mother's Father: John GARMAN Source: FHL Film 815926 Dates: 1815 - 1832 Note: Additional Data in Original Record Caroline Doughty – no trace HUMPHREYS, Thomas Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 13 Apr 1846 Recorded in: Ditton Priors, Shropshire, England Father: Samuel HUMPHREYS Mother: Eliza Source: FHL Film 992298 Dates: 1813 - 1851 HUMPHREYS, Thomas Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 7 Jan 1849 Recorded in: Middle, Shropshire, England Father: Thomas HUMPHREYS Mother: Sarah Source: FHL Film 503510 Dates: 1840 – 1852 William K King – no trace

Penny

Penny Report 21 Nov 2003 16:34

hi linda is it poss. for you to do a look-up for me, william richard evans b. abt 1844 place unknown, he was living 6 kensington place in 1868 with wife and children, so he may have been born in london. thanks in advance penny

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 21 Nov 2003 17:05

Hi Linda. I believe I received help from you once before. Sorry, but what is a VRI look-up? Also, would you know where I might purchase any CD's (I'm mainly interested in Surrey, Sussex and Essex) so that I may contribute to look-ups. Thank you, Lisa.

Michele

Michele Report 21 Nov 2003 20:17

Hi Linda, Recieved your email, Many Thanks for trying, all the best Michele

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 21 Nov 2003 23:35

Penny - there are loads of William Evans', but none in the London area. (Unfortunately, the VRI doesn't seem to have very good coverage for London!) Sorry!

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 21 Nov 2003 23:41

Hi Lisa The British Vital Records Index is produced by the Church of Latter Day Saints and contains births, christenings and marriage records. It is by no means complete and some geographic areas seem to have better coverage than others. I've yet to find any records that I want in London - but yesterday I did a search for someone who was interested in a family name from a particular village in Wiltshire... and there were 92 hits!!! So, it's a bit hit and miss. However, if you have names of people you are trying to find (births or marriages) let me know and I'll do a search for you.

K

K Report 22 Nov 2003 00:10

Hello there, Would you be kind enough to look for a Martin Reynolds birth for me I think he was born in about c1750. could be earlier as I only have his marriage to Mary Mays in 1771 in Molesworth Huntingdon. I haven't a clue how many Martin Reynolds there were in those days! or a birth for Mary Mays approx same time c1750 Molesworth. Any Help would be great.. I know it's a long shot! Many Thanks Keren

Penny

Penny Report 22 Nov 2003 00:14

hi linda thanks for trying penny

Christina

Christina Report 22 Nov 2003 09:25

Hi Linda Can you try this one for me, Henry Warner married Charlotte would be sometime after 1849 in the Fulham area. Also their son Robert Warner married Emma [Emma came from Lidlington Beds] they lived in the Battersea area in 1891 and had a child age 6. I am interested in the family name of these two women so I can go back further in my tree. Many thanks Christina

Chris

Chris Report 23 Nov 2003 19:44

Hi Linda, Could you look up Jane I'm not sure if it is BREN or BREW born c1838 Saint George Botolph Lane London - mother Lydia b 1801 Westminster. This VRI seems to be pretty magical so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks so much, Christine

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 23 Nov 2003 22:29

Sorry - have been out and about all weekend. Will do the look-ups tomorrow evening...

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 24 Nov 2003 02:59

Linda, thank you for the offer of a lookup. I need to get my genealogy records back in order and take care of some other things before I can take you up on your offer. Thank you for your generosity. Lisa.

valinkent

valinkent Report 24 Nov 2003 16:37

Hello Alan Could you look up the date of marrage of my g/mother and g/father there names are James John Bryant and Therza Barrett married in Woodstock area of Oxford around 1900. My Mother was born 1910 and Therza died not too long after. James remarried in 1918 to Daisy May Jeacock also in Oxfordshire . I hope you can help me Valerie Barham

valinkent

valinkent Report 24 Nov 2003 16:38

Hello Alan Could you look up the date of marrage of my g/mother and g/father there names are James John Bryant and Therza Barrett married in Woodstock area of Oxford around 1900. My Mother was born 1910 and Therza died not too long after. James remarried in 1918 to Daisy May Jeacock also in Oxfordshire . I hope you can help me Valerie Barham

valinkent

valinkent Report 24 Nov 2003 16:38