Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

evelyin macgregor stewart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

M&M

M&M Report 3 Oct 2007 12:43

trying to find information on my grandmother married to daniel mc farlane lees on 27/2/1931m lees

Victoria

Victoria Report 3 Oct 2007 13:33

What details are you looking for?

I think I have found the marriage details, registered in the second quarter of 1931

Alice Lee married James D McFarlane in Bath
Volume 5c Page 1322

Is this what you are looking for? Not sure how the heading relates to this marriage?

Best Wishes

Jane

M&M

M&M Report 3 Oct 2007 14:37

evelyin and daniel married in scotland ,wanted toknow birth or death date

Victoria

Victoria Report 3 Oct 2007 20:08

Sorry do not have access to the Scottish BMDs. Put a notice on the tips board listing full details that you have and what you want to know. Some kind person will help you.

Kind Regards

Jane

Terry

Terry Report 18 Nov 2007 13:34

I have looked up the 1931 marriage cert - do you have this already?? In case you haven't
Your grandmother was EVELYN MacGregor Stewart aged 16 and a domestic servant at marriage. She married in the Manse at Whitburn in West Lothian. Her mother is shown as Isabella Stewart, a domestic servant. No father shown which suggests your grandmother was illegitimate. Her home address was 58 West Main Street, Whitburn.
Her age would suggest a year of birth of 1915. Birth searches after 1906 have to be done through the Registrars Office in Edinburgh. There is no trace of a death on Scotlandspeople but only deaths up to 1956 are available - she would have only been around 41 - once again you would have to search through the Registrars Office.
I did find Daniel's father's death in 1954 -do you have this?? Let me know.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Terry Stewart