Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Frederick Smart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edward

Edward Report 20 Oct 2007 15:30

Trying to find relatives of John Frederick Smart who emmigrated to Australia, aged 17, in 1924. He married a Jane Amelia Cope in Adelaide in 1929. He was born in London, Islington

Ethel

Ethel Report 20 Oct 2007 21:48

Hi Edward. I am not connected but had a look for you.

Birth of John Frederick Smart. 1906. July/Sept. Qtr. reg in Islington. vol 1b 197.
Copy of this certificate will give you both parents and a search can then be made on 1901 census.

Do you have access to Australian records for the marriage as this should give his Father. Ethel.

Edward

Edward Report 21 Oct 2007 14:38

Hi Ethel

Thanks for the reply. This is my wife's side of the family. She has all the UK information, we are now trying to track down the Australian connection. We have his marriage certificate but trying to find children is a little more difficult.
Regards

Eddie

Kim

Kim Report 11 Nov 2007 12:58

Hi Edward,
I'm living in Bundaberg Qld Australia and we have a Mormon Church here so I might be able to find out some info for you. Send me the info that you have and i'll have a look for you.
Regards
Kim.

Edward

Edward Report 1 Dec 2007 17:12

Hi Kim
Just seen your message. The only other info I have is that Jane Amelia Cope was born in Reeves Plains SA and was resident in Redbanks at the time of her marriage to my wife's uncle, John. We believe they had four or five children (4 girls, one boy we think). Jane was 25 in 1929. Jane's father was called Frederick. Witnesses at the wedding were Dora Cope and Daisy Lewis.
Many thanks for your interest
Regards

Eddie