Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 14 Nov 2007 10:33

My grandfather is Charles Albert Eckles he was born on the 5 th May 1919. His parents both died well before he reached adulthood and he was placed in a home. I think he his father or his uncle was called George but im not sure.
He was born in sculcoates Hull.
My grandfather when he was alive couldnt remember much about his family so i couldn't get any help from him.
If there is any out there who can help me trace my lost family i would be extremely grateful

jansmith

jansmith Report 14 Nov 2007 12:30

If you are wanting to trace back this is the birth index .A certificate will give you parents names to look for their marriage
Charles A Eckles
mothers maiden name Bird
Sculcoates
volume9d
page169
registered June quarter 1919

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro you can order a cert. from this offical site £7 using above details

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 14 Nov 2007 12:45

?A SISTER
ECKLES Emma Bird Sculcoates.9d 416 2 1916

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 14 Nov 2007 12:48

Found this death
ECKLES Emma 2 Sculcoates.9d 233 2 1918

Can;t find a marriage Eckles and Bird 1912 onwards to Charles birth

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 14 Nov 2007 12:51

These are only two marriages of a George in Sculcotes around that time.

ECKLES George Jackson Sculcoates.9d 593 4 1915

ECKLES George M Calam Sculcoates.9d 298 1 1912

Kerry

Kerry Report 28 Nov 2007 18:30

Thank you all for help, all of this has been very helpful, I have applied for grandfather full birth certificate and will be able (hopefully) to match some of this info together

Kerry

Kerry Report 30 Nov 2007 16:29

I now have my grandfathers birth certificate and his mum was maria jackson formally bird thank you all who helped. My search will continue.

Kerry

Kerry Report 30 Nov 2007 23:45

Cheers LFW I'll look into this, but you could be right. How do you find these things out so quickly?

Your a great help thanks I really appreciate it