Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need Help PLEASE!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lee in Oz

Lee in Oz Report 15 Nov 2007 07:54

HI,
i'm looking for information on my great grand father but have hit a wall. His name is Edward William Mackintosh. His australian army records have his birth date as 4th October 1890 in Aberdeen, Scotland. I believe his parents were William Mackintosh and Helen Walker( im not sure if walker is helen's maiden name or if she remarried) If anyone could PLEASE help with finding out any information i would be extremely grateful!!

Regards
Lee

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 Nov 2007 12:13

Scotlands people pulls up nothing for him in Aberdeen...

I'll hunt a bit further..

Shelly22

Shelly22 Report 15 Nov 2007 17:13

Don't know if this helps. Edward William Mackintosh born 1890 Aberdeen died 10th September 1969 Married Clara Fairhead born 5 Sept 1890 Western Australia died 8 April 1967. Two children I know of but no info on male. Female Beryl Jean Mackintosh born 17 Nov 1928 York Western Australia Died 7 March 1986 Two Rocks Western Australia she was married to Thomas Sydney Turner born 10 June 1926 Subiaco Western Australia died 11 Feb 1994 Two Rocks Western Australia.

Hope this helps.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Nov 2007 17:32

Typical the only record on IGI is a submitted one

Lee in Oz

Lee in Oz Report 16 Nov 2007 04:04

Thanks wayne. Thanks Michele, that information you found i already have, but thankyou very much.
Yeah glitter baby i'm not real trusting of the IGI records as i have found a fair few that are the same person but each record says something different.

Thanks guys