Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 08:59

Albert French 1901 census, Melton Mowbray,age 23, stableman, born, Sinton Hitchen. Married Martha Lowe 1902, father name George. ( i think i have this but looking for confirmation ) Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 09:09

thanks pamela got that even have cert, but where is he in 1891?

Nicki

Nicki Report 17 Nov 2007 09:14

Sophie

The way I read it was that George was Martha's father?

Nicki

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 09:15

Hi Sophie yes it is wrong one this Albert marries Minnie Hilsden. Got father George from marriage cert he is my great grandfather. Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 09:18

Hi Nicki George is Alberts father. Marthas dad was Samuel Lowe. Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 09:21

Hi Sophie yes as i say i think i know the answer but i need help to confirm it . would you like me to give you my answer? & let you check my logic. Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 09:48

Ok here goes i think Albert was christened George Albert & is the oldest son of George & Charlotte.
rg12/1101 pg18. this is not proof but he is not to be found in 1901, i can follow the family back through the census, & have George & Charlottes marriage cert. now for the leap of faith, we know from family that Albert came from herts near Stevanage, Hitchen is near Stevanage & includes the parish of Kings Walden George Alberts birthplace, also family gossip has it tha Albert had a big fallout with his father & left home never to return. that will do for starters. Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 10:40

Hi Sophie & Thanks i feel so much better having someone check my work. on marriage cert Alberts dad George is a gardener ( so ag lab ) there were no family at the wedding, Possible reasons are 1 Martha was pregnant, 2 Albert was devout Cof E & Martha's family were Primitive Presbytarians, in fact all thier children were baptised boys church & girls chapel. Sad part is they were married Aug & little Albert their son died sep. Thanks again Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 10:54

I am in touch with a member of the french family the greatgrandson of John French being Georges younger brother, my problem was they have anecdotal evidence all hearsay that says George moved to london after a fallout with George senior then to germany before first world war & was gassed in france but they have no written info so i think my story is more likely to be correct. Rob

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 17 Nov 2007 12:06

French family tried looking but found nothing, but if i found his grave that would make Albert my gtgrandad a real mystery. Rob