Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOHN REED/ LOUISA BUTCHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 17 Nov 2007 20:02

trying to find info on John Reed who married a Louisa Butcher on the Isle of Wight in 1862. I need to know if she was Charles Butcher's daughter.

Heather

Heather Report 17 Nov 2007 21:36

You need to buy the marriage certificate then - that will give both bride and grooms fathers and their occupations.
Take it this is the marriage? Using that ref you can buy the cert for £7 from GRO online.

Marriages Sep 1862
>>>>>>Butcher Louisa I.Wight 2b 835
>>>>Reed John I Wight 2b 835

Smith Elizabeth I Wight 2b 835 Scan available - click to view
Wheeler Samuel Stone I. Wight 2b 835

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 17 Nov 2007 21:44

Lucky you, Heather ... the date of marriage in the request was actually correct. Now you try looking for Louisa marrying Walter Taylor in 1888! (in separate thread)

No -- don't. ;) They married in 1868 ... well, Walter Taylor and "Lousa" Butcher did, anyhow.

I've corrected it to FreeBMD, just so something useful came of all my labours.