Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 18 Nov 2007 13:57

I am looking for the death of my grandmother, Matilda Rowe (born 1893 in China), who died in Worcester between 1973 - 1980. I have looked and looked but cannot find her.
Does anyone know why this death was not registered and how I can go about finding out.
Regards
Gill

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 18 Nov 2007 14:00

what was her married name? or surname that she was using at death?

Gillian

Gillian Report 18 Nov 2007 14:16

Hi there
Her maiden name was Nesbitt but her married name for many years was Rowe so it should be registered under that name but I'm blowed if I can find it.
Gill

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 18 Nov 2007 14:37

I can not find a Matilda Nesbitt with that birth date.

Gillian

Gillian Report 18 Nov 2007 14:40

Hi Pamela
How did you find that? I looked on ancestry and it has nothing for that quarter.
Many thanks. I have been looking and looking to no avail.
Did you use a different website?
Many thanks
Regards
Gill

Gillian

Gillian Report 18 Nov 2007 14:52

Thanks to you all for looking.
Does anyone know why it would not be on ancestry?
Gill

jansmith

jansmith Report 18 Nov 2007 15:58

Hi i have just looked and it is on Ancestry , but you have to be able to look at the page. Not all pages have been transcribed yet