Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage in Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 27 Nov 2007 23:44

Trying to find the marriage of Edwin William S Fosten.Probably in the Calgary area.He was born 1901 in England but went to Canada with his parents Arthur and Ada in 1914.Rumour is he had a daughter about 1931 so marriage should be 1920-30.
Any help appreciated

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Nov 2007 05:34

John, I haven't found anything for his marriage, but do you have his parents' information:
Cemetery Name Town Last Name First Name Dates Notes
Burnsland Calgary Fosten Ada Maud 1875-1943
Burnsland Calgary Fosten Arthur Edwin -1954
http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/cemeteries/search.php

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Nov 2007 05:43

I tried a google search and found a possible record, but cannot access the site:
1931 Calgary Herald - 10:16pm
daughter, Dorothy Jeanette, Monday July 27, 1931 in calgary ... FOSTEN - Mr. and Mrs. E. Fosten wish to announce the birth, 10-Oct-31, nhup0779 ...
www.rootsweb.com/~abwcobit/Data/Papers/1931C/Birth1931CPage4.html - 26k -

Still cannot access it, but here is a little more, with the google search of "Calgary Herald Fosten"
1931 Calgary Herald - 2 visits - 10:40pm
FOSTEN - Mr. and Mrs. E. Fosten wish to announce the birth, 10-Oct-31, nhup0779. of a daughter, October 6 1931 at the General Hospital. ...
www.rootsweb.com/~abwcobit/Data/Papers/1931C/Birth1931CPage4.html - 26k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

1930 Calgary Herald - 10:16pm
Index of Articles, 1930 Calgary Herald. Name, Article Type, Size. FERGUSON, J. Mrs. ... FOSTEN, E. Mrs. (nee Lill Dunne), Bridal Shower/Gathering, L ...
www.rootsweb.com/~abwcobit/Data/Papers/1930C/Articles1930CalgaryPage10.html - 28k -

Someone named Geoff has Edwin and his parents in his tree (on Rootsweb).

In case this is "Lill Dunne's" rellie:
Cemetery Name Town Last Name First Name Dates Notes
Burnsland Calgary Dunne James McJ 9061932

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Nov 2007 07:51

I found copies of the Calgary Herald, but I don't see the birth listed.
http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/newspapr/brwsindx.asp?code=nhu

This link has the same "nhup0779" bit as listed in the above posting, but the date on the newspaper is October 9, 1931 (instead of October 10), so perhaps that's why I can't find it.
http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/newspapr/np_page2.asp?code=nhup0779.jpg

John

John Report 29 Nov 2007 23:20

Thanks Lisa,

Thats a brilliant help.You are a gem.