Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Liverpool Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 28 Nov 2007 17:54

Hello
Not to sure on the area's in Liverpool but was hoping spme one might have parish records for St Anne's, Richmond or St Peter's

Thanks
Marcelle

Poirot

Poirot Report 28 Nov 2007 18:15

Hello Marcelle, these records are held at the Liverpool Record Office, but there are more than one St Peters ? C/E & R/C. Let me know what info you want and I will try and help you.

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 28 Nov 2007 18:25

Thankyou Poirot

I am trying to find anything on George Appleton abt 1837 or his father Edwin Appleton abt 1817. All I know is born in Liverpool. From George's marriage cert his father was Edwin a brush maker. On the IGI he was noted as George Chambers Appleton. I have them in all the census results but was hoping to confirm George's baptism and to find Edwin's.
Edwin married Elizabeth ?. By 1861 Edwin was a widow.
Possible Edwin Christening: 25 MAY 1817 St Johns Old Haymarket, Liverpool, Lancashire, England Parents:
Father: JOHN APPLETON Family
Mother: ELIZABETH
but wanted to confirm. In 1841 census George not with Edwin & Elizabeth and in 1851 Edwin not with George and Elizabeth. Don't know where they both went!

Thanks
Marcelle

Poirot

Poirot Report 28 Nov 2007 22:11

Marcelle, sorry I can only find what you already have, maybe someone else can come up with something ?