Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TTF RELATIVES OF JAMES JOSEPH WARREN WARRINGTON DI

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Nov 2007 15:28

HI MY NAME IS MICHELLE, AND I AM TRYING TO FIND RELATIVES MY FATHER WHO DIED IN 1988

I WAS ONLY 5 MONTHS OLD, MY MOTHER LOST CONTACT WITH THEM AND I AM TRYING TO FIND ALL I CAN OUT ABOUT HIM, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND OUT HIS DOB, DOD, WHAT HE DID FOR A LIVING, AND I EVEN HAVE A COPY OF HIS BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATE, NOW I REALLY NEED TO FIND HIS RELATIVES, BROTHERS ETC.

PLEASE, HOW DO I FIND THEM, CAN ANYBODY HELP, OR DO YOU KNOW HIM THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR 10 YEARS NOW FOR ANSWERS AND I REALLY HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP, THANK YOU

JAMES JOSEPH WARREN
DIES 9TH AUGUST 1988
BURIED 16 AUGUST 1988 AT FOX COVERT CEMETERY, WARRINGTON
DOB 17 JULY 1957
MOTHERS NAME:MAUREEN SMITH OR MAUREEN BROWN
MY MOTHER THINKS SHE RECALLS HE HAD A BROTHER CALLED JOE,

I HAVE TRIED THE ADDRES OF THE GRAVE OWNER, (HIS MUM) BUT SHE NO LONGER LIVES THERE

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR READING, ANY HELP IS GREATLY RECIEVED

THANK YOU

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 Nov 2007 16:13

James joseph Warren, 3Q 1957, mmn Brown, Warrington, 10f 947

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Nov 2007 16:16

wayne thank you, i do haveregistrar indexes of his birth, death etc, its just i dont know how to find his relatives, its like i have a whole family out there that i ahven't even met, just wish i new what step to take next, thank you ever so much for your time

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 Nov 2007 16:27

i'm working thru things methodically... altho it seems like i'm repeating what you've wrote it helps me when searching to post what i find as i find it... I'm currently on marriage of 1952 with no luck so far...

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 29 Nov 2007 16:39

Hi Michelle -- just one suggestion. Since you know his exact date of death, have you done a search of newspaper archives (e.g. on microfilm at the local library) to find an obituary for your dad?

It would probably have information like the names of his siblings.

No Maureen Warren seems to have died in the area since 1984. If Wayne finds your dad's parents' marriage, you'll know his father's name, and you can see whether he has died in that time, and again, if so, look for an obituary, or know who you're looking for if he's still living.

You have called the Warrens in the area from the phone book, I imagine. There are three results for "M Warren" in the Warrington area, and also two for "J Warren", in case your mum's right about the brother:

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/advanced.publisha

Obituaries are always my best advice for finding info about family members.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 Nov 2007 17:03

Joseph P Warren, 4Q 1958, mmn Brown, Warrington, 10f 952

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Nov 2007 17:05

hi guys, thank you for your help.

his mum has a maiden name of brown, but when he died, her surname is smith, so i presume she remarried sometime before he died,

i would do a local newspaper search, only i live in southampton now, and i only have limited resources on the internet, which makes things so much harder, i have contacted several local newspapers for that area, but none of them were of help.

since it was 20 years ago, his mum could have divorced, and obviously may have remarried

one thing i do know is that he must have living relatives in the area because warrington bereavement services kindly took a photo of his grave to me, and there were new memorials and fresh flowers on there

i dont know what other information i can think of, but if you have any other questions, then please ask, really appreciate all of your help, thank you

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Nov 2007 17:14

just got some more info, his mum is called maureen smith nee brown and her husbands name (not my fathers dad) as she remarried was called max smith, so she must of been married to max smith sometime between, 1957 when my dad was born and 1988 when he died

also his brother was married to someone called anne, and they had a daughter called joe-anne, after her father and mother(his brother ws called joe)

hope this helps

thank you

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 Nov 2007 17:20

i cannot find a marriage... You will need to order the cert for Joseph to ensure he is indeed James's brother.

Have you considered writing a letter and asking the breavement service to attach it to the grave? Maybe you can find relative that way?

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 Nov 2007 17:21

Michelle i have already found Josephs details..