Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gloria

Gloria Report 29 Nov 2007 18:30

This is a problem that has hit me several times...
Can anyone tell me how to work this out ???....PLEASE
On looking for a marriage record I click to see others on the page... (and should get a list of people amongst whom should be the partner ?)
Many times there are only three people on the page...where is the other person ? is there any way of finding them ?
ie....searching for marriage for William Birch Cox 1865 OND bethnal green vol 1c p684
I click to see others on page and it comes up with..
George William Bryant...William Birch Cox and Eliza Ann King....thinking that my William was married to a Jane Coote (not sure of spelling) and I have tried the tack of going from her name but cant find a thing..
WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP PLEASE
THANKS
GLORIA

Julie

Julie Report 29 Nov 2007 18:39

Gloria

Sometimes it could be they havn't reached that surname yet when putting them on the FreeBMD..what i do is if you know the surname then look in the qtrs on Ancestry..if you don't then the only way is to order it

Julie

Gloria

Gloria Report 29 Nov 2007 18:44

Thanks Julie
I just spent the afternoon doing just that.... Totally exhausted and eyes very sore...
Also I went through all the pages beginning with C...for coote, coutt..or something similar...
At least now I know there is a reason and will go back and look once in a while....
THANK YOU
Gloria

Julie

Julie Report 29 Nov 2007 18:48

Gloria..I was trying to have a look too...but Ancestry is playing up at the moment

Gloria

Gloria Report 29 Nov 2007 22:15

OMG...Thank you Brenda.....
My mother once told me we had a connection to Dame Clara Butt (she was a famous singer 1872-1936) but I have never stumbled across the family...until now... Shall have to take this line further !
My cousin has been researching and came up with the Jane Coute name !!!...never trust a cousin !!!! ..........and always check it out...
Mind you - rumour also has it that I am related to the Coutts Bankers...Hmmmmm?????
ANYWAY
THANKS AGAIN BRENDA
Regards
Gloria