Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anyone going to Buckinghamshire Record Office?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 29 Nov 2007 19:30

Hello
I live in Cyprus and cannot travel to Buckingham in person until next summer, so I'd be grateful if someone could look up the following baptisms that haven't yet been transcribed by Bucks FHS:

John Hillier, b. abt 1802 Buckingham
William Hillier, b. abt. 1803 Buckingham

I am hoping to confirm that they were baptised at St Peter and St Paul Church, Buckingham (town as opposed to county), and that their parents were John Hillier and Mary (Osborn).

This would knock down my huge brick wall. If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful.

Many thanks in advance, Pam Hillier

Mini -

Mini - Report 29 Nov 2007 19:39

Pam don!t know if this site is any good to you Hanslope parish records they are on line just keyed in your Hillier name and loads came up all free viewing

Mini

Pam

Pam Report 29 Nov 2007 19:55

CORRECTION TO FIRST MESSAGE - SORRY
The parents are John Hillier and Sarah Lovell (not Mary Osborn).

Thanks Mini
But, no, Hanslope parish records are not what I'm looking for - MY Hilliers lived in Buckingham town for only about 50 years and were C of E. John Hillier and Sarah Lovell, the suspected parents of the John and William I am looking to confirm, married at St Peter and St Paul Church on 14 Octover 1799.
Thanks for looking and for the message. Pam