Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 image

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2007 09:24

Could someone have a look at an 1881 census image for me please?

I have found the record for Emily Lantaff aged 8 living in the Union Workhouse, Hemingford Grey, St Ives with her mother Elizabeth, brother George and sister Susan. The record is fine but when I click on view image (on Ancestry), I can't find them on page? I have looked at all the pages for the workhouse and can't see them. Am I going mad?

Thanks very much

Andrea

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2007 09:49

Thanks Alice, I thought my eyesight was going from staring at these images for too long!

Thanks for looking Pamela - not sure I really understand the reference numbers? Can I search the census pages by reference numbers rather than by name and maybe find the correct page that way?

They must be there somewhere for the record to have been transcribed surely? It all fits that they would have been in the workhouse too because hubby had died.

Thanks for help!

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2007 11:15

Thanks Pamela,

I've now tried that (didn't realise that you could search like that so thanks for the tip!), unfortunately that second reference doesn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the help. I've now transferred this query over onto the Tips Board to see if anyone has any other ideas.

Andrea

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 Dec 2007 12:17

Page 37 is missing from the sequence on Ancestry

Andrea

Andrea Report 2 Dec 2007 17:25

Thanks for all your help.

I shall try contacting Ancestry.

Andrea