Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Needed for a marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 14:17

My mother Jean Bishop married John Flitton Chichester Sussex and i have found the record of that in 1961.
Then between 1969 and 1975 she remarried in a registry office Portsmouth to Brian leslie Roberts. I cannot find any record of that.
Am i going mad ?

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 2 Dec 2007 14:25

Q2 1969
Roberts Brian L married Jean A Flitton, Gosport 6b 865

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Dec 2007 14:25

a/m/j 1969 brian L -flitton .gosport vol 6b page 865

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 14:26

Wow thankyou Keith i have been told Portsmouth by his mother
You are a star thankyou so much

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 18:37

I have typed in that volume and page number, it still does not show up on ancestry.
Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong.
Thankyou

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 2 Dec 2007 18:45

Sonia

It won't show up on Ancestry like that - you can only search by name, not by reference numbers. The reference Keith found for you is for you to to order it from the GRO.

Mary

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 18:49

Mary i did put both names in and i still could not find them.
I was wondering if it was Ancestry or just me
Thanks for replying
Sonia

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 2 Dec 2007 18:53

i found them too. you must doing something wrong...? type the yr and one name .i used the hubands, choose a/m/j and in there. or if i send me your e mail pm and i send it you.

imp

imp Report 2 Dec 2007 19:00

Hi Sonia

Are you sure you are looking at the full index and not just FreeBMD, for this time period you need to see the complete BMD index.

Go to Marriages...

Put in 1969 for the year, April/May/June for the quarter and Flitton in the surname box...

This will bring up the 2nd quarter of 1969 that holds the surnames you require, go to view image and click and you will see the full index - scroll down until you see Flitton ...etc you can repeat the process but using Roberts as the surname to check the spouses details...

Gail.

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 19:04

lol it still is not showing it up on that either. Will it be on the first page or do i have to search all through each one to find it.
Thanks Jen
Sonia

imp

imp Report 2 Dec 2007 19:06

Only one page came up when I did it, starts with Norman Fletcher to Catherine S M Flood...

Gail x

Sonia

Sonia Report 2 Dec 2007 19:10

Thankyou very much for your patience i found it now.
I thought i was going mad
Your help has been greatly appreciated by this nutter.
Sonia

imp

imp Report 2 Dec 2007 19:12

Good, don't worry we all have moments like that..lol

Gail.x