Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Austen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 2 Dec 2007 20:24

trying to find Francis James Austen possibly related to Dorothy Frances Austen born 1900.

Ethel

Ethel Report 2 Dec 2007 21:53

Hi Denise. I hope this info helps.

Francis James Austen born 1901 July/Sept. Qtr. registered in Thanet. vol 2a 1023.

I can find a Dorothy Frances born 1900 April/June Qtr. reg in Thanet. vol 2a 970.

also Dorothy Frances 1902. April/June Qtr./ reg in Thanet. vol 2a 1013.

If this is the same family, it is possible the first Dorothy died and the second one was given same name. This often happened round that period.

I suggest getting a copy of the birth certificate for Francis James as this will give the parents.

possible connection.
1901 census Living Margate.Kent.
William. 29. 1872. Born Margate.Kent.
Annie. 27. 1874. Born Bow. London.
William T 2. 1899 Born Margate.
Dorothy F 1 1900 Born Margate.

Possible marriage.
William Henry 1897. Oct/Dec Qtr. reg in Thanet. vol 2a 1966 to Annie Wright.

You need the birth certificate first to see if any of this connects. If so, a copy of the marriage certificate will give their Father's names and occupations, and witnesses who may be siblings.

Hope this helps. Ethel.