Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census Ancestry/National Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ForeverMystified

ForeverMystified Report 3 Dec 2007 10:50

I have been trying to access the following information on 1901 census on Ancestry with no luck Jane A Kilner born 1881 Ashton U Lyne Lancashire living in Dukinfield Cheshire, however when I put search details on National Archives 1901 the information shows Jane Auson Kilner age 20 born Lanc.Ashton U Lyne county Chester parish Dukinfield.
Any ideas why I cannot find on Ancestry, I dont have credits for National Archive site.

Thanks
Frances

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 3 Dec 2007 10:52

name has prob mistrantcribed in the index on ancestry

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Dec 2007 10:56

Jane Avison Hilner abt 1881 Ahston U Lyne, Lancashire, England Adopted Daughter Dukinfield Lancashire

ForeverMystified

ForeverMystified Report 3 Dec 2007 11:01

Thank you jen and Jim your help is really appreciated, assumed wrongly that because on NA its transcribed correctly Ancestry would also have it correct. Dohh what am I like.

Frances

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Dec 2007 11:09

For any budding searchers.
Less is more.
jane ---1881-------dukinfield is all I used.

ForeverMystified

ForeverMystified Report 3 Dec 2007 11:31

Jim thanks for that tip it's noted.

Frances