Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Denise Watson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 31 Oct 2004 10:39

I am trying to locate my father Thomas Watson. He has a sister who was last known living in Coleraine, CO Derry N.Ireland.I am not sure of his date of birth but it would be between 1937 and 1944. I was born in July 1964. If anyone knows anything about him please post a message on this board.

* Report 2 Dec 2007 14:09

You do not give much information,you also probably know more than you realize.
Find your birth certificate,then the marriage of your mother & father,this will give the location,
mothers maiden name & the age's of both parents.
From there you can check on any sibling births,
which will reveal location of births,along with the birth order.
From there you may find more info' from tracing the siblings.
In all likelihood, your father seems to have a broken marriage,otherwise you would possibly know his whereabouts.
If your mother has died, try looking through the BMD indexes,this should reveal the district of registration,giving a clue to where she & your father may have lived.
Electoral Rolls,a bt online telephone search may help,if all fails,then the Social Security may be able to help,if you supply a copy of your birth certificate & NI number proving your identity.
Remember we all die,so be prepared for that conclusion.
Regards,Michael