Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

donald and mauld

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 27 Nov 2007 02:49

im still looking for my grandad donald c watts, born 1914 who married a mauld chapman in 1958, i believe she was born 1909 ive never met my him and sadly he passed away in 1982, but he must have a family out there somewhere who knows where they lived, and did they have any children together, i deserate to find out, any clues anyone..donald was born in the east end of london, but might have moved to devon, cornwall areas..

Penny

Penny Report 27 Nov 2007 03:22

get the death cert of either/both of them.

Given her age when they married, i'd have thought it unlikely they had children

trishcurtis

trishcurtis Report 27 Nov 2007 07:50

He must have had at least one child to be your granddad surely? who was your father and when was he born?

found a birth record for a Donald C Watts 1914 Jan-Mar Bethnel Green London vol 1c page 344 mothers maiden name Goldsmith

Pat

Irene

Irene Report 29 Nov 2007 23:59

thank you for your reply, yes i know of my dads where abouts, but donald left my dad and the rest of his family for maud when my dad was 15, and i know he married her. thats the last anyone had contact with him. so i guess he moved away, as on his death cert it says it was reg in devon.. maud must have had family too. either her children or siblings.