Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Grandparents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell

Russell Report 29 Nov 2007 15:16

Both my grandparents lived in Liverpool. I know my Grandad died whilst I was young and they both lived in Beacon Lane, Liverpool. This happened somewhere around 1967 ish. My grandmother moved onto Cantril Farm now Stockbridge Village where I believed she died in the 1980's. I have been unable to find any trace of their deaths in official records and as such it is making me question their existance. Grandad William Webb born 6/7/1894, Nan Charlotte Webb nee' Howgate born 27/3/1895. Can anyone out there help me with information, PLEASE.

Potty

Potty Report 29 Nov 2007 15:26

Have you searched the fill Death index on Ancestry?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 29 Nov 2007 16:16

Here's their marriage, Russell, if that helps!

Marriages Jun 1916
Howgate Charlotte Webb Liverpool 8b 29
Webb William Howgate Liverpool 8b 29

I haven't quite figured out whether there are searchable databases on line for deaths pre-1984. I use Ancestry, and there you have to look through the individual images, four quarters per year, to find the record.

I looked at the page for first quarter 1967, and there were a dozen William Webbs. I'm assuming the district where he died would be Liverpool, and there wasn't one there. If you're not subscribed at Ancestry, you might want to get a trial sub and use it to search those records.

There are numerous deaths with the name Charlotte Webb since 1984, but none with that date of birth (also, I don't know the geography well enough to know what district to be looking for). So you would seem to need to search the untranscribed images before that year for the record of Charlotte's death too.

Oh -- there are two births in the transcribed index:

Births Jun 1917
Webb Mary C Howgate W. Derby 8b 796

Births Dec 1920
Webb Eleanor Howgate W.Derby 8b 897

So there's a little more documentary evidence for you. ;)