Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barbara Gough

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 1 Aug 2015 16:07

Looking for the above
born late 30`s early 40`s. Mother`s maiden name Ivy Field. Father CE Gough. All born in London. Any help appreciated. Angie Gough

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Aug 2015 16:19

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl shows a Barbara Gough born 1940 with the same mmn as you specify. The birth was in Ashby de la Zouch.
Have you purchased the BC to confirm or rule it out?

It could be that her mother was evacuated due to WW2 bombing.

What is your connection to this lady please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Aug 2015 16:32

For our benefit only

Parents were Ivy D Field and Charles E Gough. They married 1937 Camberwell reg.

This couple probably also had the following children
Shirley D Gough, 1938 Camberwell
Sylvia Gough 1939 (same)
Perhaps - Brian T Gough 1942 Lambeth

Are you in contact with any of the above or their descendents? When and where were they last in contact?
Have you searched all members trees to see if she (or the siblings) are listed??

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Aug 2015 17:02

Accidentally duplicated thread, also suggesting the same birth thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1353794

A tree on Ancestry suggests that this refers to Ivy's death
Name: Ivy Dorothy Gough
Birth Date: 14 Jul 1920
Date of Registration: Mar 2004
Age at Death: 83
Registration district: Leicester
Inferred County: Leicestershire
Register Number: D4H
District and Subdistrict: 605/1H
Entry Number: 119

And this Charles'
Name: Charles Gough
Birth Date: 2 Feb 1911
Date of Registration: Dec 1974
Age at Death: 63
Registration district: Birkenhead
Inferred County: Cheshire, Merseyside
Volume: 37
Page: 0832

His Estate is listed on the Probate Calendar, but doesn't mention a middle name.

GOUGH Charles of 4 Eccleston Av Bromborough Wirral Merseyside died 22 Nov 1974. Administration Liverpool

http://tiny.cc/32xa1x

Neither tie in with 'living in London'. If the death for Ivy is correct, to the best of your knowledge, then the informant may be related.

Angela

Angela Report 1 Aug 2015 20:32

Barbara Gough is one of his half sisters he has never met. Thank you all for replying. Very helpful, but I do not know if Barbara married if so don`t know here married name.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Aug 2015 20:39

One of whose half sisters?

Do they the other siblings know about her?

Rose

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 10:08

Have you tried to find info yourself Angela?

If so, where have you looked?

You refer to Barbara as a half-sister to someone. Which parent do they share?

Presumably, in view of the suggested death for Ivy, it's the father

Angela

Angela Report 2 Aug 2015 14:52

Barbara has 2 siblings Shirley & Sylvia. My husband Chas Gough & his half siblings share the same father Charles Edward Gough. He left his first wife & daughters back in the 1940`s. I believe also Barbara may if still alive live in Leicester but do`nt know married name or where she got married as she was born in Camberwell. I have looked on Family Search, Find my past & BMD Would loved to have found other 2 siblings. Sorry if I seemed a bit vague but still not very good at research. Could put it down to senior moments!

Angela

Barbara has 2 siblings Shirley & Sylvia. My husband Chas Gough & his half siblings share the same father Charles Edward Gough. He left his first wife & daughters back in the 1940`s. I believe also Barbara may if still alive live in Leicester but do`nt know married name or where she got married as she was born in Camberwell. I have looked on Family Search, Find my past & BMD Would loved to have found other 2 siblings. Sorry if I seemed a bit vague but still not very good at research. Could put it down to senior moments!

Angela

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 15:01

Barbara was not born in Camberwell

Her sisters were..............

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 15:02

Get a copy of the mother's death cert...................the informant is probably one of her children

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 15:05

In 2002 Ivy was living in Melton Mowbray

The other occupant does not appear to have been related to her

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 15:12

First name(s) SYLVIA SHEILA
Last name GOUGH
Gender Female
Birth day 27
Birth month 6
Birth year 1939
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1987
District LEICESTER CENTRAL
Register number 1087
County Leicestershire
Volume 6
Page 1394

This fits with the birth registration, which is JAS Qtr.............but the additional forename leaves room for doubt.

However, there is no birth for a Sylvia S, nor is there a marriage for Gough to a Sylvia S

Angela

Angela Report 2 Aug 2015 20:38

Thank you every one you have all been very helpful. I will continue with the research. But if anyone should come up with any more info. .I would grateful; Thank you one & all for your input.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Aug 2015 22:28

Are you planning to get any copy certs?

That's the best way to make progress.