Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted Register Look-up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Aug 2015 12:50

Can anyone please do me a huge favour and do a search on the Adopted Childrens Register which are held in Plymouth or Birmingham Central Library, Bridgend Ref. & Info Library to name 3.
Looking for info but am not too close to any of these places.
Can give details.
Thanks.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Aug 2015 13:05

Patricia,

The ACR is of litttle use if you dont have the post adopted name as this is what the name is entered under and there is nothing to tie a birth name in the ACR,,,,,,plus they not in named alphabetical order, only by years.

They are also at Newcastle Central Library.

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Aug 2015 13:16

does it have date of birth and place of adoption on it Kay?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Aug 2015 20:21

It gives a court and dob,,,,,,,,but its in years and not by alphabetical order of name,,,,,,,,, its very time consuming......

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Aug 2015 23:12

What sort of info are you hoping to find Patricia?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Aug 2015 16:14

Patricia has sent a PM - just so folks know what she is looking for, it is an adopted relative.

Hi Patricia.

I am no expert, but I do know you can't find a person's adopted name as it is confidential.

When you say you have tried everything else, could you say what those things are? Folks on here might be able to suggest something.

The usual advice includes:

register yourself on the national adoption register;
check other family trees on here, you never know;
make sure the relative is in your tree;
try Facebook;
ask if you can have your contact details added to his adoption file.

There are probably other ideas too.

Jan

Patricia

Patricia Report 31 Aug 2015 16:36

I guess we will have to wait until he wants to find us!
Thanks for the help.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Aug 2015 21:24

See if his birth reg (original name) is listed on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If it is, create a throw away email address eg @hotmail or @gmail and leave contact details on a *post'em*
You could do the same on say the birth or marriage entry of his parent