Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrew Chapman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 24 Jun 2007 14:29

I am researching my great grandmothers family,who were the ADAMSONS,I beleive that they all came from the DURHAM area. I know very little about my 5xgt grandfather Thomas Adamson,except that he had a son Robert Henry Jefferson ADAMSON dob c1839-40. Robert married a jane smith and they had 11 children(7 girls,4 boys),he was a builder/mason and died c1889 in St Oswald Durham. His son,my 3x gt grandfather,Henry was dob may 1853 penshaw durham,he married Mary Thompson sept 1889 all saints church newcastle-on-tyne.He was a railway clerk for the sunderland railway company.He died 01/08/1897 in sunderland , leaving a will dated 20/02/1893,value £295.0.0 to wife. Jeannie (my gt gt grandmother 1890-1921) married Joseph Wise june 1914,and had Joan Dec 1914.Who married Wiliam Crosby june 1938 bishopwearmouth durham,and they had my mum Jennifer Adamson Crosby 1941-91. Any help would be very gratefully received. Many thanks Andy Chapman