Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ALFRED EDWARD ALDRED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 9 Nov 2007 08:38

Hi... please can anyone help me ? I am looking for info on my grandfather ALFRED ( or could be ARTHUR) EDWARD ALDRED. I know he was born around 1890/91. I cannot find definate birth record but think he was in FARNHAM in 1901 census. His father was a JOHN ALDRED, labourer. ALFRED married GERTRUDE PETTS in NOV 1915 in Derby. The cert lists them living at 13 Caesar Street. His occupation is listed as butcher.
In 1934 my mother was born. ELVIE ALDRED. She was born in Worcester and sadly put into a childrens home so she never knew her parents. Her birth cert lists her parents as GERTRUDE ALDRED nee PETTS and ARTHUR ALDRED... labourer. The head of the childrens home is listed as providing the details fot the cert and i am presuming he made a mistake listing ALFRED as ARTHUR??
Any help would be gratefully appreciated as i seem to have hit a brick wall with my research... unable to find out anything more about ALFRED or GERTRUDE!

Thank you!

Sally

Jean

Jean Report 9 Nov 2007 20:43

Hi Sally........

I am pretty certain, that this is Gertrude in 1901...

71 Gisbourne Road , Derby

Jos. Petts / head / age 35 / farm labourer / born Hopton Derbyshire

Emily Petts / wife / age 36 / born Wirksworth
Clara Petts / daughter / age 11
GERTRUDE PETTS / daughter / age 9
Winifred Petts / daughter / age 5

All children born Wirksworth

I think this is Alfred Edward......

136 Whitworth Road , Alverstoke, Hampshire

John J Aldred / head / age 48 / Gen labourer / Gosport

Emily Aldred / wife / age 48 / born Camberwell
Emily L Aldred / daughter / age 21
Harry G Aldred / son / age 16
Ethel M Aldred / daughter / age 14
Edith F Aldred / daughter / age 12
ALFRED E ALDRED / son / age 8

All children were born Gosport

Hope this is the type of information you required

Kind regards

Jean

Pam

Pam Report 9 Nov 2007 20:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1893 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aldred Alfred Ernest Alverstoke 2b 574