Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you know who lived here in 1967?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 1 Jan 2008 17:20

30 Hargood Rd, Blackheath, London EC3
Tel: ELTHAM 3913

I have a copy of a letter dated 23.8.67 signed by 'Ciss' who I beleive to be Alice Campion nee Orum.
(She quotes her birthday date in one letter which matches the info I have.)

She is writing to her sister Phyllis Rosa Caseley nee Orum and chats about various things but she does mention Audrey who has recently moved to Wakefield.

I do know that Alice had a daughter Audrey so it could be her that she refers to.

She also mentions that her eldest son has only got the 2 children, a boy and a girl. She had 2 sons Harry the eldest and Ronald . There is also reference to May or Mary who she hasn't seen for a long time but that May or Mary's son 'Teddy sees Mum now and then'.

In another letter no date but same phone number....'Ciss' refers to her Aunt Francis. (Aunt Francis was one of my Dad's aunties too her maiden name was Slade.) Phyllis was brought up by Aunt Francis. In this letter she tells Phyllis that Mary (this could be her sister Mary) had 9 children and that the first born son died soon after birth.

'Ciss' then goes on to talk about Mary, ..... and says that the eldest son was killed about 2 year ago. He was killed in an accident. He was in the Army and crashed into a tree whilst driving a lorry.

If any of this rings any bells with you ...please get in touch.