Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Powell & Emily Carter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 20 Nov 2007 11:10

I am the Grand daughter of Thomas Powell & Emily Carter,
they had many children 1 of whom was my mother, she gave up a lot of my siblings by adoption to different parents, 1 a boy (James or Jimmy Wixon, whos father also James or Jimmy, emigrated to Australia with my Brother who is older than me, and doesnt know I exsist! Any help would be fantastic ! I would love to know any members of my family who I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet ! see below...

Thomas James Powell 1879b married Emily Carter 1879b

Emily was born in Hanwell, they married at St Leonards church in Heston in June 1925.
There children were:
Gladys b: 1902
Charlie b: 1903
Florence b: ? beleived died in infancy.
Daisy b. 1904
James b ?
Horace b 1915
Edward 'Ted' b. 1917
Ted was killed during the WAR and his name appears in a cemetry in Singapore.
Nell b. 1923
Ron b. 1925
Doris. 26/2 1928 (MY MOTHER)
Peggy 1930.
We believe there were 2 or 3 more children and some of them died during childhood. I AM SEARCHING FOR, MY HALF BROTHER JAMES WIXSON OR JIMMY WIXSON, AND ANY OTHER CHILDREN BORN TO DORIS JOYCE POWELL ,b. 1927.

I am related to all of the above! I was adopted when only 4 months old. My birth name was: Wendy Carol Godden.
now: Sandra Joy Davis. I was the daughter of Doris J Powell, I have brothers and sisters whom i have not had the pleasure of meeting..