Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ava Atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ava

Ava Report 24 Mar 2005 22:50

I am looking for any of my Atkinson relatives or information on them. My dads father was William Henry Atkinson born in Miles Platting in East Manchester at the turn of the century. His father was also called William and he was married to Adalade about 1890's. William Henry met and married a Maria Day and they had 6 children William/Elizabeth/Pauline/Olive/Joseph and Francis they were all born and raised in the East Manchester area. William their oldest son was my dad. He met and married Leanora Gillan in 1945 after he had been demobbed from the navy. They went on to have 8 children My Eldest brother Billy then Linda/Anne/Alan/Joseph/Ava/Dale and James. If any of this rings a bell with anyone and they can help, It would be appreciated. My mums ancesters originated from Middlesex,Shoreditch a place called Hoxton Old Town. Family name John William Beedham which was my mums great/great Granddad. His Daughter Emily born 1871 married a John Nixon in 1892 they had 6 children Jack, Harry,Teddy, Charlotte,Lydia and my Mums' mum Amy.

Vivien

Vivien Report 1 Oct 2007 11:27

Hi there - I am trying to trace my Grandfather's relatives. My Grandfather was Henry or Harry Atkinson and he had a painter and decorators shop on Oldham Road, Newton Heath Manchester. He was married to Alice Atkinson nee Smith and they had two children, a daughter Alice and a Son Norbert (Norman) my Dad. They also lived at 73 Scotland Hall Road Newton Heath . Does any of these names ring a bell with you.

Thank you

Vivien Parker