Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Apr 2007 03:27

Hi there, My name is Katrina and I have been given a family tree by coincidence. A school teacher that was teaching my cousins son thought he had a resemlance to her family? So low and behold I now have a section of the Atkinson family tree. I am searching for some unusual christian names as I thought that might make it easier for a match. I have a LEVI Atkinson(my great, great, great grandfather) born Sandhurst,KT 14.07.1828 whom married a Sarah STARR? Atkinson born Mountfield Sussex. . Levi and Sarah, immigrated as assisted Passengers they sailed on the British Empire Leaving London 26th October 1852 Arriving in Geelong Victoria, Australia on 8 March 1853. Children included Elizabeth born 1855, Levi born 1857, Harriet born 1858, Mary Anne( Philadelphia) born 1860,, John born 1862, Mary Ann born1863, Charles LOVE Atkinson11.11.1865 and Mark LOVE Atkinson and Matthew Atkinson born 20.10.1866 (twins), Sarah Ann born 1868, William 1869. After Sarah died(June 1870) Levi remarried Maragaret Walker (in November 1870!) Crikey they didn't muck about back then did they, Poor old Sarah must have either been pregnant or breast feeding for the better part of Fifteen years and then she died!) I Also have a George Atkinson unsure of birth date but he married Philadelphia STARR? on 25/7/1824? at Church in the wood, Hollington, Hastings Sussex?. Philadelphia was born 1791 Mountfield Sussex. As you can see some fairly distictive names if you can match would be most grateful to confirm my family tree. cheers Katrina.