Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 6 Jun 2005 15:36

Hello, my name is Nicola. I am looking for anyone connected to my grandfather Thomas William Atkinson born 06/07/1914 in Hendon, Sunderland. Everything I have found out so far points to him having emigrated in around the late 1940's/early 1950's to Australia,but I don't know which state. He was married to my late grandmother Florence. They married in 1938 in Camberely Surrey,but they divorced in 1948 . Thomas was in the DLI and stationed at the Military Academy near Camberley.Apart from one brother called William the remainder of Thomas's siblings and also his parents stayed in Sunderland.To my knowledge they are all dead now. William moved to Worcestershire after the war. Their eldest sibling, Mary, only died in 2002, sadly I didn't find out until recently. Mary married Norman Guy ( also dead now). William married Jean Taylor, William is dead but his widow is still alive. A sister called Grace married Alan Ford Whellans,both are dead.There was a brother called James who I died at the age of 13 months,also a brother called John Richard who was killed during the second world war. Not least was a sister called 'Betty', I have been told by a grandchild of Grace that Betty died some time ago. I hope some of this is familiar if not all of it,to someone using this site, and that you will get in touch. To know where her dad went after the divorce would mean alot to my mum, she was made to stop asking questions about him when she was a child.